Number of working days in a month

Previous Contributor

Number of working days in a month

Excel uses the formula function NETWORKINGDAYS to calculate the number of working days in a month How would I do this in Anaplan? Link to an input module?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Previous Contributor

RE: Number of working days in a month

Hello Jonathan, Anaplan does not currently have a similar function, but you could use an assumption module to collect the number of working days in a month or to "flag" days as working days and then get a monthly total of working days. Heather
Message 2 of 6
Previous Contributor

Thanks for that, The module can hold the actual working days in the month, although it will be a tedious task calculate the working days in excel for each contractor and load them on a regular basis. How do others build a contractor based model? Is it likely this will be a feature built in time?
Message 3 of 6
Previous Contributor

Hi Heather, Has this feature been added? I see that this thread was from a few years ago. Thanks, Lara
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lara,  I don't think there are any changes to the formula addressing working days in a month. You could always use WEEKDAY formula and Holiday mapping (dependent to year and region) to address this. I have attached a sample screens below in which I used to address number of working days in a month. Hope that helps. Thanks, Leo
Message 5 of 6
Frequent Contributor

Hi,using the weekday formula in addition to a dedicated time management module will make the job : weekday will allow you to split days monday to sunday, thus having the "usual" working days easely indentified. a time management module with boolean will allow you to add January 1st, Xmas day and and so on either manually or through formulas by testing dates (01/01, 25/12....) depending on your country. Kind regards. Michel.
Message 6 of 6