Posting User Role to a Dashboard

Hi,

I have created a module with Users dimension and a LI formatted as the Users list to show me the current User.

However, we have a request to show the User Role on our landing Dashboard so that the logged user knows what are his rights.

Is it possible to show any details (like the User Role) related to the logged User other than his email?

Thank you,

Kristina

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi,

I don't see any way to directly reference the User List Attributes (such as Model Role).  However, you can export the User List (which includes the Model Role), and then re-import it into a module based on the user list.  I havent' tested this, but its possible that, even as an admin, you don't have write access to another user in the user list (when loading to a module), so you might have to load the values to a false user list, and then link them in via formula (i.e using a finditem to relate the Anaplan User List to your fake User List, then brining in the attributes, such as Model Role, to display.)

If you don't get how to do this, let me know and I'll give it a whack.  If you do know how to do this, let me know if it works!

Paul

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for the proposal.
    My concern with this approach (exporting and importing) is that it is not dynamic and will add workload to the maintenance. We will need a separate process to be run each time anyone is making changes in the Users section to assure the data is up-to-date.

Also I can't import from the List directly (as Users is not visible) so we will need to store it as a file and import it.

I guess this is the only possible workaround for the moment.

Thanks again,
    Kristina
  • Hi,

We can manage User Access requests in modules (all custom), and then have a button that will bulk load approved changes into the (Settings) user list.  There's a lot of flexibility in this, and the Settings updates are automated... so they'll always be synchronized.

At 20,000 feet, it might look something like this:

1. Create a custom user list  (if you have workforce or staffing plans in place, you might be able to use them)
    2. Create one or more modules (and a related dashboard) where managers can request & define Anaplan access for their employees.
    3. Create a process to review and approve, which includes a button to load approved changes to the (Settings) user list.  

Cheers!

Paul