Super Contributor

Publishing Graphs Using Dynamic Cell Access - Is there a Bug?

Hi Planners,

While I was working on graphs I found something weird going on while Publishing graphs using DCA. I am not sure if this is supposed to work exactly the way it is or is it a bug in the system.

I have a Module with two line items Line A & Line B across monthly timescale
I am using DCA Read Only for Jul, Aug & Sep and I am hiding numbers for Rest of the months - See attached document for snips
When I publish the Line Chart graphs for these two lines I found that Jul, Aug & Sep Values of Line B are being shown in Jan, Feb & Mar Timescale - See attached document for snips

I think DCA looks for first non Zero Value and places it accordingly in the timescale. Did anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
Misbah

3 REPLIES 3
Community Boss

Re: Publishing Graphs Using Dynamic Cell Access - Is there a Bug?

@Misbah ,

So good news and bad news.  Bad news, I was able to replicate exactly what you did and I am honestly not sure why it is behaving that way.  Because, and the good news, is it doesn't behave that way in NUX.  Take a look:

Default view:

2019-11-13_16-20-41.png

Old UX:

2019-11-13_16-22-24.png

NUX:

2019-11-13_16-18-10.png

Now the one workaround I did do and got to work, is create a new line item for Line B stating, if Not DCA Read then 0 else Line B.  Total workaround though.

2019-11-13_16-26-00.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

Super Contributor

@rob_marshall 

Thanks for your time! But the intention of using DCA was so that I could avoid having a Flat line for Line B which are showing zeroes before the Non Zero Value. The workaround that you have shown is actually the reason for me using DCA so that I do not get a flat line for Prior Months Zeroes.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks,

Misbah

Highlighted
Community Boss

@Misbah ,

I totally agree, it is not a good workaround but it is a workaround.  I would enter a support case showing not only your example of it i not working correctly, but also it working correctly in NUX which demonstrates it is not a modeling issue but really a graphing issue.

Thanks,

Rob