Publishing Graphs Using Dynamic Cell Access - Is there a Bug?
While I was working on graphs I found something weird going on while Publishing graphs using DCA. I am not sure if this is supposed to work exactly the way it is or is it a bug in the system.
I have a Module with two line items Line A & Line B across monthly timescale I am using DCA Read Only for Jul, Aug & Sep and I am hiding numbers for Rest of the months - See attached document for snips When I publish the Line Chart graphs for these two lines I found that Jul, Aug & Sep Values of Line B are being shown in Jan, Feb & Mar Timescale - See attached document for snips
I think DCA looks for first non Zero Value and places it accordingly in the timescale. Did anybody else experience this?
So good news and bad news. Bad news, I was able to replicate exactly what you did and I am honestly not sure why it is behaving that way. Because, and the good news, is it doesn't behave that way in NUX. Take a look:
Now the one workaround I did do and got to work, is create a new line item for Line B stating, if Not DCA Read then 0 else Line B. Total workaround though.
Thanks for your time! But the intention of using DCA was so that I could avoid having a Flat line for Line B which are showing zeroes before the Non Zero Value. The workaround that you have shown is actually the reason for me using DCA so that I do not get a flat line for Prior Months Zeroes.
I totally agree, it is not a good workaround but it is a workaround. I would enter a support case showing not only your example of it i not working correctly, but also it working correctly in NUX which demonstrates it is not a modeling issue but really a graphing issue.