I want to return the sum of values for a line item for my forecasted months. The module I want the value to be returned in has no time dimensions. Originally was using a look up to look at a certain month but not sure how to do it for sum of multiple months.
- I have created a module that has my time filters.
- Used a formula to say IF Forecasted Weeks then return Line Item else 0
The module I now want to show a rolled up a number for remaining year has no time dimensions. This is the template using to feed data into my no versions module.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Have a look at TIMESUM
This is specifically designed for this.
If your forecast weeks are from the current period onwards, it should be quite simple to set up
If i wanted to only show forecast data for 2019 how would I do that ? My forecast weeks roll up for 2 years.
You can do this using 2 Time settings modules
1. Set up a monthly Time Setting module and flag the forecast periods (in my example it is months) and then count those using a simple IF
2. Create a Time Lookup Module (no dimensions) and create a line item to return the current year (from the current period). the format is Time Period - Year. you then use that to LOOKUP the year value from the Time Settings Module
Future Periods formula = Time Settings.Number of Forecast Periods[LOOKUP: Current Year] - 1
you need the -1 because the next formula uses "additional periods to add"
3. Use the Time Sum formula using 0 and Future periods as parameters
I hope this sorts it for you
Time Settings and Time Lookup module are really powerful and avoid the hard coding nature we see in the field