Swtichover set to False driving Formula error

Hi team,

I have a Line Item where the Formula Scope = All Versions & Use Switchover = True. When I turn the Switchover off I receive a 'Formula is invalid' error

I have tried removing the formula, setting Switchover to False & return the formula by the same error ocurrs

I cannot see why this error would be happening. My understanding is that nothing changes in the calculation except that it now applies to all the Time Periods rather than 'Current Period' plus future months?

Thanks

Mark

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Answers

• is one of the component of your formula pulling from a line item that as the the formula scope of Actual only ?
  • Hi Nathan, No both referenced Line Items have the formula scope of All Versions Thanks
  • including the LOOKUP and the SUM ?
  • Hi Nathan,

No they are both fine too

For transparency I have included all the Line Item detail below

Thanks for your help

Formula Line Item

clipboard_image_0.png

EM25 Referenced Line Items

clipboard_image_1.png

EM45 Referenced Line Item

clipboard_image_2.png

• Hi Mark, 

I noticed that you used a different Time Ranges In EM 46 and EM25 modules. Could you send a screenshots with Time Ranges setup (from Time) and Switchover setup (from Versions)? It should be helpful in investigation. 

Regards,

Tomasz

• Hi Tomasz,

Please see screenshots below

Thanks

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

• I have isolated the problem to the [ SUM: 'EM25 - Employee Expenses'.'#Job Role'] portion of the below formula 

'EM25 - Employee Expenses'.'Salary (Used)'[ SUM: 'EM25 - Employee Expenses'.'#Job Role']

I cannot understand why the error is occuring when I untick 'Use Switchover' in EM46

My understanding would be that the value in the versions other than Actual would continue to be generated using the formula from those versions, rather than the Actuals version value flowing through for any Time Period pre Current Period

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_2.png

• what's in EM41 ?
  • Hi Nathan,

EM41 - #Job Role line item below

Thanks

clipboard_image_0.png