Two Dashboards have a same model and Page selector is different

Hi,

I kept a module in two different dashboard Dash_1 and Dash_2. It is driven by list suppose List_A.

Now I created two subsets for list List_A they Sub_1 and Sub_2. 

Now in Dash_1 I used Sub_1 as page selector and in Dash_2 I used Sub_2 as page selector.

But the thing is when I select Sub_2 in Dash_2 the module in Dash_1 is getting synchronized with the selection.

I want to beak the link  between the two dashboards. 

How can I do that?

Best Answer

• kavinkumar
    Answer ✓

HI @CommunityMember131103 ,

To solve your problem, create a line item with drop down of the list you prefer and put filter on the modules.

Here is some sample,

Step 1: Add 2 Selection line items with "List A fromatted" in a module without dimension lets say "Filter Module"

Two Dashboards have a same model and Page selector is different.PNG

Step 2: Add a 2 line items boolen fomatted to put filter in your source module.

Two Dashboards have a same model and Page selector is different1.PNG

Step 3: Create 2 saved views by putting filter on each line items created above. Then publish those views and respectvie Selection line items to the dashboards. 

In this way one selection willl not have any impact on another.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kavin.

Answers

• Hi Vamshidhar_Reddy_P,

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.09.10 AM.png

2 subsets are created as shown above.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.09.30 AM.png

Then you create 2 line items in the 'List Properties' module (aligned with S of DISCO) to filter out which member belongs to which subset.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.09.51 AM.png

Then you create 2 saved views by using the filter function. The filter refers to the 'List Properties' created in step 2 above. Remember to save the 2 different views.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 9.10.24 AM.png

Then you publish the 2 different saved views to 2 dashboards. You also publish the 2 different subsets as page selectors. This way, a selection made through any of the page selectors will not affect one another.

Thanks,

LipChean