Update Codes in a numbered list

Hi there,

the model has been in use for a very long time. However, it is full of dummy codes instead of the correct ones. Certainly, there is a lot of data associated with these elements. So I can't export change, delete the old elements and import the new ones.

Is it possible to mass update the codes in a numbered lists apart from using manual input?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sorry but when I import in the numbered list, it doesn't allow me to map the #, so at each code that I want to update, Anaplan create a new item instead of updating the code

• @SofianeLz - You can update the code in the numbered list as well.

Below are the steps to achieve that.

1. Create a mapping between old and new code and using that mapping create a saved view that will import the data in the list and update the existing code. Below is the screenshot of the same.

2. Using this saved view, import into the list in which you want to update the code. While Importing you have to make sure it is identified by name. Below is the screenshot of the same.

3. After doing this, click on run import and your code will be updated in the list which is numbered list. Below is the screenshot of the same.

Let me know if you still face any challenges which updating the code in the numbered list.