Upload file (.csv) used for Anaplan import in the past

Hi All,

Is it possible to download the csv file used for an Anaplan import in the past from the Anaplan cloud. I have the import details from the History log with the ID & date/time details. Would the file used for this import be stored somewhere in the cloud and can we download them for any future reference?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Best Answer

• ben_speight
    Answer ✓
    Anaplan doesn't retain the source file for every import ever run, no. This data is considered temporary and subject to automated removal (with the exception of a file set as an import/export's default copy, of which there is only one per import/export). If you need this capability for audit purposes, then you will be best served by a local solution tailored to your specific requirements.

Answers

• I don't believe its accessible once its uploaded, but it would be nice.  (I'm hoping somebody knows better!)

• Hi Ben,

This is indirectly related:  Consistently, once source file is no longer availabe, we cannot edit the import action.. and if I don't know the import's format, I'm out of luck and have to rebuild the process. 

I realize that documentation is important & helpful here, but we don't generally document every import action to this degree. 

Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Paul

• Hi Paul,

Great note! I take a screenshot for every import in case if source file is not available.

If not, I'm used to create import from scratch.

Regards,

Hayk

• Upload a file with correct file name, format and column headers, then set it as default (administrators only). This will now be used when model admins view/edit the import definition with no regular file uploaded.
  • That makes sense. Thanks for your advise.

• Thanks all for your inputs, it was informational 🙂