You are not authorised to move this entity

Certified Master Anaplanner

You are not authorised to move this entity

Hi all,

I am receiving an error with one of the numbered lists - "You are not authorised to move this entity".

clipboard_image_0.png

ONLY non- workspace admins are getting this error.

They are able to add items to the list but they cannot put the Parent against the Parent field. 

I have checked the action and the Parent field is being correctly mapped in the action - as mentioned in this thread.

The user has access to the source module view and is able to see the data that is being used for Parent mapping. The user also has access to the list in Roles -> List section and the Roles-> Actions section for the action being run.

Also, this numbered list has a parent/child relationship and the top ancestor list in this chain has selective access. The user has Total Company access WRITE access to this ancestor (Top level element) list.

Can anyone identify the issue if they have seen this before?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Community Boss

Re: You are not authorised to move this entity

Hi @shreyak.garg 

Is the parent that is being mapped a new parent that is being created or an already existing one? 

Have you tried to split the multiple actions in one process into more smaller processes? 

Thanks,

Usman

Message 2 of 15
Community Boss

@shreyak.garg 

It is likely to be something to do with selective access on the Parent, but the best bet here is to log a support call so they can look into the specifics

If you get an answer, could you post the resolution/reason here?

David

Message 3 of 15

Hi @usman.zia 

I have actually tried removing the process all together and let the user run that single action from a dashboard button.

It still leads to the same error.

I gave the user FULL ACCESS instead of the role and it still doesn't work.

Only Workspace admins can perform it (Full Access or Role Access both).

Message 4 of 15

Hi @shreyak.garg 

I think this error is being caused because non-workspace admins cannot create orphans in the list. Basically the last action in your process is creating members in the list which do not have a parent assigned to it

Can you please check if the members being added to the numbered list which are causing errors have the valid parent correctly mapped

Regards,

Anirudh

Message 5 of 15

Hi @anirudh,

The non-workspace admins are able to create list items using the last action in the screenshot (i.e. orphans are being created). However, the orphans are supposed to land under their parent as part of the same action which is not happening. The parent does exist and we are using CODE of the parent for the mapping in this child list action.

Like I said, I being a workspace admin can put the parent in the parent field (using the action) however when a user runs the same action, the action creates list items but doesn't fold into the parent.

Message 6 of 15
Community Boss

@shreyak.garg ,

Try this, with the same access as the user (so take your WSA off), go to the module, open the view and see if the parent is supplied in the line item.  If it is, then you most likely have a security issue where the WSA has access but the users don't.  If the parent is not defined in the line item, then you have could have a different security issue at the module level or Selective Access like David stated above.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Message 7 of 15

Hi @rob_marshall 

Thanks for the comment.

I have tried this as well. I opened the module/view on the user's account to see if they are seeing data in all the line items needed. He was able to see all that's needed to fold the list.

Message 8 of 15
Community Boss

@shreyak.garg ,

Ok, now that you know the information is correct, look under Users and go to the Roles-> List tab and see if their role is checked for that list.  Lastly, any Selective Access on the list?

Rob

Message 9 of 15

Hi,

Yes, they have all the Roles-> List, Roles-> Module access.

In fact, it doesn't even work with him having FULL ACCESS.

It has something to do with Workspace Admin OR Single Sign On. These two are the only things that are different between the user and myself.

Message 10 of 15