Super Contributor

Re: charting with generic week numbers

"week of year is not a dimension, row numbers are"

then what is this time dimension we can see on top of that data module ?

Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
Contributor

time scale on activity data import module = week = i.e. Week 11 FY18

"weeks of year" is the list I created per instructions below to have a generic "week Number"  (with no date)

Super Contributor

Hi Debbie

Could you please share us the file you are planning to load and further let us know the columns in the file you would like to load into Anaplan.

What kind of information would you like to extract from the file including gallons and py numbers.

I guess we need to remodify the design here based on what kind of info you would like ot load

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I think you created that week list upon my instructions... however now I'm not sure you needed it.

Why not having your second module directly over the real  time weekly timescale instead of a yearly timescale ?

Otherwise you have to do a mapping between that week list and the real time and [SUM:on it]

another question, why is you data loaded over a weekly timescale, is that required ?

Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
Super Contributor

if your two modules are on the same time dimension, you can simply make a reference to gallons without any formulas, providing your row list has a top level (you should have one)

Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
Contributor

sorry but what does this mean?

providing your row list has a top level (you should have one)

Also I was instructed to make everything that I've made for this example.

I'm beginng to believe that the one way, and maybe only way to make Anaplan work is to add every possible field you need to your data import.  I've tried reading thru this complete thread, a couple of times, and I just get confused and when I ask a question it is not always answered....I appreciate that you all are trying to help me...but you're just confusing me....and asking me to post additional pictures seems like a typical IT delay tactic.

Super Contributor

Hi Debbie the idea here was to understand your file and then see what kind of data you require and then help you with solution.
Once we read through your file and understand what part of the data would you like in file we can give you better solution.

Idea was to avoid giving multiple options and confuse you.

If you need all the lines for transaction purpose and summarised data for reporting purpose we have methods of doing it. Most of the options are covered by Nathan and once we get more details we can select the option you need within this post
Contributor

ok let's give this another try.

Import file:

Data.PNG

I need this transaction data and then i need summarized data for reporting.

I need a line chart with current year gallons and prior year gallons as seperate lines

x axis = week

y axis = current gallons, and prior year gallons

Please let me know if you need more info....and please make the answer best practice...and simple so i can understand.  thanks for your patience....with my tired, and very old brain.

Super Contributor

Hi Debbie

Do we have option of having concantenated column to concantenate required columns to create a unique item in the CSV File you are going to import into Anaplan, use it as a code.

The steps would be as below:

1) Rather than using the week as list in the module you can create one more line item called week and it would be time formatted with week

2) In the reporting module we can use sum function and sum the "gallons" by weeks

3) Gallon PY can be achived by pointing it to the line item gallons and using the offset function

Can make an example in the weekend and share across.

Contributor

Oh my, an example would be fantastic.  Thanks.