deleting an Item in a list import

Hi All,

I was trying to import a list from another but came to know that when i add an item in source list it gets reflected but if i delete an item in source list it does not gets reflected in target list.

is there any way to implement that part?

Answers

• Hii

This solution is working, but is there any way for deletion of list item in source module could reflect in the target module without importing the whole list into the target module?  

• @1434448 ,

Instead of having the formula above as David stated, you could import a boolean of True to the Delete module in the target and then run the action to delete those selected members.

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Hey David,

I am new to Anaplan Model Building.

Why would you set up that RESET line item? Like whats the main purpose or function it serves? Especially being set to FALSE.

Thanks,
    Ben
  • @benfleck 

The reset flag is used at the start of the import process to copy to the Imported? line item.  At that point all list items are showing as false, so when the file is imported, the TRUE flag is populated.

You need to have the Reset to ensure any items imported previously, but now not in the file are cleared

I hope that helps

David

• Hi

You can also achieve the same thing with the help of a delete action and FINDITEM function.

You want the item that is deleted from the source list to be deleted from the target list as well, this can be achieved by using the following.

1. Create a Module , add the target list as a dimension.

2. Create a boolean formatted Line Item in the same module called 'delete'. 

3. Use the formula for the boolean as NOT FINDITEM(<Source List Name>, NAME(ITEM(<Target List Name>))).

The above boolean will be true for all the List items which are there in the target list but they are not in the source   list.

4. Create a delete action using the boolean you just created and add the action in a process before you run your import . The first action in the process should be your delete action and the second is your import.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Aakash Sachdeva