2.3.11.3 Create Line Chart Saved View

Hi -I'm missing something really simple. How do I only show next 2 years?

lcapon_0-1617710859933.png

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @lcapon ,

1. Check your time settings. Should be something like in the screenshot below.

abhi1017_0-1617712077465.png

2. The module is dimensioned by Weeks and in order to create a  line chart you need data at month/period.

So you need to create a filter to filter the module by months using a SYS00 Time Settings by Month.

Save the view once filter is applied on filter.

Use this saved view for Linechart.

~ABhi

• Thank you - i'm find with the view by months bit - but I dont understand how to only show 2 years?

• @lcapon 

Do you want to see only 2020-2021 in the module and the respective months.?

If yes , then you need to change the No. of Past years in  time settings to 0.

Pls. check your time settings with the screenshot above and change it as depicted.

Else you need to create a filter as you have created for months.

~ABhi

• If you just need to show Years as a view and not weeks, change the blueprint to show just years. (the number of future years you want to see, can be adjusted in the Time settings)

• @lcapon 

You need to create a filter on time which will allow you to define which time periods are shown.

Create a time settings module containing no dimensions. Call this 'Current Time'.

Add a line item called, 'Current Year', and dimension this by time period Year. 

Use the following formula =PERIOD(CURRENTPERIODEND())

Add a line item called, 'Next Year', and dimension this by time period Year. 

Use the following formula =PERIOD(CURRENTPERIODEND()) + 1

Create another time settings module and add time as the only dimension. This is the 'Week Time', settings module.

Add a line item and format this as boolean. Call this chart time filter.

Use the following formula =INPERIOD(START(),Current Time.Current Year) OR INPERIOD(END(),Current Time.Next Year)

Use this to filter the module used to create your chart.