2.4.8 Create Detailed Demand Review

Hi Team, 

Having attempted to create the UX view as per the instructions in section 2.4.8 which I enclose, I'm unable to replicate the view with a filter on months that retains the weekly view. 

When pivoting time, I lose the weekly views and can only see the month's numbers, may I confirm how I can retain the weekly views whilst moving the months into the pages section. 

Thank you for your continued support. 

Best,

Matthias

Answers

• This maybe caused by another module published on the page which has months as time dimension (not weeks)

1. All you need is a line item dimensioned by time (time formatted - month),  a line item dimensioned by time (boolean) and a line item which you will use as a user filter (month). User will select month via this filter. And it will drive the boolean to match the month.
    2. Month Li formula will have ITEM(TIME).
    3. Boolean formula: Month Li = Filter
    4. Then apply module with a filter by Filter Li

Also apart from that I'd recommend to check MONTHVALUE function.

https://help.anaplan.com/8b54b167-4cfc-488c-9f7f-32baac1e1fe7

• Thank you Kirill, I appreciate your help. Apologies, I don't follow what you set out entirely, I have a dimension that shows weekly and monthly but don't know how to combine the two time items. 

What boolean formula am I to apply exactly, I'm not sure how to do this, is  it a separate line item?

Thank you

Matthias

• Hi Team, 

Further to my question previously, I'm also unable to replicate the conditional formatting view. 

I have added a line item as per my screen shot but struggle to replicate the conditional formatting. Moreover, how can the time line items be manipulated to create a filter that sets out the views as per the instructions in 2.4.7 (attached)  with Initial Demand Forecast above Weeks and Month summarized by month given that they are all featuring in the line item dimension? How can I put this into the time dimension rather than the line item dimension?

Thank you 

Matthias

• Hi Kirill

Further to my note, when pivoting on line items, I'm unable to filter the time by month? I don't understand how the line item formulas can help replicate the view as in 2.4.7 is there a separate independent time dimension that helps consolidate the views by month and week rather than through the line item dimensions? I want to replicate the view as per the instructions in 2.4.7. 

Thank you

Matthias

• Hi Kirill

Further to my messages, how do I move these filters around and remove them from the line items section as I don't think this works. 

Thank you 

Matthias

• Hi Kirill, 

On reflection, is it the SYS list that needs to be updated with the formulas you suggested and if so, which one? is it SYS0 or SYS01 or somewhere else altogether?

Thank you

Matthias