Can anyone guide me as where have I gone wrong in this activityScreenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).png

Answers

• Hello @Winter01 ,

You are actually quite close to the correct solution.

Regarding the 1st week period, I recommend you to read the link below:

https://help.anaplan.com/3b64fe69-0d31-49b8-ab40-e7c1a3d01137-INPERIOD

In essence, " INPERIOD(Date to test, Time period) ". Note that the Time period is optional. By using the INPERIOD you obtain directly a boolean response (e.g., TRUE or FALSE). When using this, alongside the CURRENTPERIODSTART(), (e.g., INPERIOD(CURRENTPERIODSTART()) ), you would be defining when the 1st week of the period took place.

If you combine this, with a similar formula to the one you provided," IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Week of Timescale?' THEN PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory ". It should work, while it would allow you to reduce one of your line items.

Hope it helps, please let us know if that is not the case.

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Hey!

Beginning inventory: IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Week of Timescale?' THEN PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory

1st week of Timescale?: INPERIOD(CURRENTPERIODSTART()) 

Please remember that your line items had a slight different name, such as "First Week of Timescale?". Once you amend this - better to enter the formulas manually rather than copy and pasting- it should work.

Hope that clarifies it!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• I don't think it's working for meScreenshot (17).pngScreenshot (15).png

• Hello!

It is actually working. As you can see Beginning inventory is "Ending Inventory" -in this case 0, when is not the 1st week of timescale.

If you were to add the equation for this line item " Beginning Inventory - Forecast Demand + Confirm Purchase Order Receipt ", this should automatically fill up once all the information is in there.

Apologies it took me a while to realise about this too!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Hello Bruno

This post of yours was very informative, Thank you so much for sharing. I am facing issue with Confirm purchase order receipt line item formula. Please throw some light. Thank you.

• I think the issue is actually in your DEM03 Module. I notice your Forecast Demand is zero. That shouldn't be.

If you select the Candyate account, is there a forecast demand amount?

If you select "All Accounts" in DEM03 is there a forecast demand amount?

If you answers are Yes and No, then check the summary method for forecast demand in blueprint view.