Winter01
Occasional Contributor

Have been trying the Shipping cost variance formula but could not crack it. Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brunra
Contributor

Re: 3.3.5.6

Hello @Winter01 ,

Without having the purpose in front of me, I understand that this value:

• Will only change in the case the Shipping method is changed.
    • Hence you need to think that, as a boolean, there are two states for "Override Shipping Method?" either true or false
  • When it is not overridden, the value will have to be 0, as there will not be no variance. This seems to be the most frequent situation.
  • When overridden, it will be the difference between the original Shipping Costs and the newly calculated Final Shipping Costs.

I hope the lines above were clear enough. If you still have doubts do not hesitate to keep asking!

Best,
Bruno Rodriguez

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brunra
Contributor

Re: 3.3.5.6

Hello @Winter01 ,

Without having the purpose in front of me, I understand that this value:

• Will only change in the case the Shipping method is changed.
    • Hence you need to think that, as a boolean, there are two states for "Override Shipping Method?" either true or false
  • When it is not overridden, the value will have to be 0, as there will not be no variance. This seems to be the most frequent situation.
  • When overridden, it will be the difference between the original Shipping Costs and the newly calculated Final Shipping Costs.

I hope the lines above were clear enough. If you still have doubts do not hesitate to keep asking!

Best,
Bruno Rodriguez

View solution in original post