3.3.7.2 Add DCA to INV01 Inventory Ordering - first step

pmorgan
edited November 2022 in Modeling

Hi there,

In Level 2, Sprint 3, activity 3.3.7.2 Add DCA to INV01 Inventory Ordering we're asked to add Read and Write Access Drivers to INV01 - but in the previous activity we are only asked to to create three Write? line items:

pmorgan_0-1603828275756.png

So should my first step after creating AD02 be to create three Read Only line items by putting a NOT in front of the Write? line items?  And then go to blueprint in INV01 and place the line items in the Read/write drivers for the line items that these booleans refer to?

Looking for some guidance here.

Thanks,

-Paul

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• chofacker
    edited November 2022

Hi Paul,

Without giving it away, think about how a Read/Write access driver works. 

Write Access? - Boolean 'Yes' or 'No' - If the driver is checked ('Yes') then the user has access to BOTH Read and Write this intersection of data but depending on where you use that driver in the Write Access Driver or Read Access Driver it will have a different impact on the end functionality. Here are some screenshots that might help you. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.02.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.02.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-27 at 4.02.27 PM.png

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Good luck!

• pmorgan
    edited November 2022

@chofacker  Thank you for your response.  That is very helpful.  After reviewing and some further tinkering I came to the conclusion that I do not have to create 'Read' line items.  Although I could use them to make things invisible.  I was able to match the example in the training just by configuring the Booleans as depicted in my below screenshot.  So I'm assuming that's correct, yes?  However, what's bothering me is that i still have data in the area i highlighted in yellow in my screenshot - but in the example this area is clear of data.  Why is that?

pmorgan_0-1603836424998.png
    pmorgan_1-1603836518581.png

• @chofacker 

Can u let me know if the DCA activity is right?

2022-11-03 (7).png2022-11-03 (9).png

• chofacker
    edited November 2022

Hey @Yogitha,

Yes, looks like you are on the right track. While I cannot give you the answers, it's hard to tell if you have your DCA driver set up appropriately. I would need to see what you built into AD02 to fully understand how you DCA is working.