Extensions

Hello, I am the Product Manager for the 3rd-party add-ons (Excel add-in, PowerPoint add-in, Google Sheets add-on). If you have questions about these, feel free to ask them here. All ideas for improvements can go in the Idea Exchange and you can add the link to your idea here for extra visibility.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Another useful link on the forum for the migration from Excel v2.6 to v3.2 onwards: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform-Discussions/Migrate-Excel-Add-in-version-2-6-to-version-3-2/m-p/50790/thread-id/7480

Best Answer

• MagaliP
    Answer ✓

I found the issue and it is normal behaviour: the first link I posted is to the User Research Programme forum (where the survey link is posted). So if you are not part of it, you cannot see it (hence the "message not found").

If you want to join our User Research Programme and be added to this forum, you can find more information and sign up here: https://www.anaplan.com/join-anaplan-user-research-program/

Answers

• Hi all,

An update about the Google Sheets add-on. We are currently on early access, so the documentation is not published on Anapedia but on a closed forum group. Some people have requested access to the group recently and been confused that I had to reject their access.

For legal reasons, products in early access are in a closed group and access is given upon approval. If your company is not part of the early access programme, your request to join the group will have to be rejected.

I understand you would like to access the documentation and this is why we are currently reviewing the way early access products are presented in the Community so that the information is shared publicly even to customers who are not part of the programme. I hope this initiative gets completed in the next few months.

Thank you for your understanding.

Magali

• We are looking for your inputs to create best practices and tips and tricks about the Excel add-in, PowerPoint add-in and Google Sheets add-on.

If you have found clever ways to use these products or recommend setting up reports in a certain way, please share on this thread.

We will be publishing those recommendations in some articles on Community in 2020.

Thank you for your participation!

• Hi! Thanks for making this thread. Is there an estimated date for GA of the Google Sheets add-on? We are on mac os, which means we haven't had an opportunity to explore the Excel and PowerPoint add-ins, so it makes us all the more excited about the Google Sheet add-in! 🙂

• Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your interest in the Google Sheets add-on 😊 We are currently targeting the second half of 2020 for the GA. Release information will be posted on this page so feel free to subscribe to receive the latest information!

The information here is subject to change right up to release go-live time. This post is not a commitment to provide any features by a certain time frame and enhancements to the product may change before release.

• Whether you use the add-ins or not, we want to hear from you in a quick survey here: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/User-Research-Program/Excel-and-Powerpoint-Add-ins-Survey/gpm-p/61651#M100

• Hi @MagaliP , when I click the link I get a "Message Not Found" screen.

• Thank you for flagging this. Can you try this link and let me know? It's working for me. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QB6W62N

Thanks

• The new link is working, thank you!

• Great news, we have added new content to our Community. It has already more than 1,000+ views over the last 30 days so check it out!

The headlines are;

We will keep adding new content regularly (we are working on some exciting things like training and badges!) so I would recommend you subscribe if you haven’t already to receive regular updates.

• Hey @MagaliP!

Following up on this thread - Is the Google Sheets Add-in still on the roadmap for the second half of 2020? This would be a game-changer for my team at Netflix. Looking forward to hearing more!

• Hi, Yes it is. I will keep you posted when we are ready.

Thank you for your interest!

• Hey @MagaliP 

I'm just a regular Anaplan user in Finance here at Netflix and wanted to let you know that we've been blocked from using the Google Sheets Add-on internally due to security and data access concerns. It's blocked the entire company from using the extension, I can't imagine we're the only users with this problem. While there might not be much you can do and I don't have the technical details - I wanted to call it out and let you know that it's unfortunate not to be able to use it at the end-user level. (For context we're a Gsuite first company and don't use Excel or ppt much)

• Thank you for your message and I am sorry to hear this. I cannot find any support ticket - could you please contact Anaplan Support and copy me in the email? I would like to investigate the issue and if so, work with your IT team on what's blocking you. Thank you