6.9.2 Add Formulas to Product Family Details Module

I am getting an error message when I enter the formula for SYS05, anyone know where I might have made a mistake?

Preview attachment IMG_20201103_212332857.jpg

IMG_20201103_212332857.jpg
833 KB

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi, Could not open the attachment. 

• thanks for reaching out to me, hopefully it opens now,

let me know if not and I will try again

thank you

• Hi,

The error is because hierarchy is not defined. So check clearly did you define hierarchy in your model. As a thumb rule, it is good to check hierarchy is defined or not for respective calculation whenever ITEM keyword is used.

GONI_1-1604600103946.png

Also you added " at the end of formula instead of '. The correct calculation is CODE(ITEM('P1 Product Family'))

Stay Safe,

Basavaraj

• Hi Zak, Did you solve the issue?

Thanks!

• Hi Goni,

thanks for reaching back out to me.

sadly, no I still am getting the following error message; also I must not understand what you mean by hierarchy has to be clearly defined. In my general lists I do not see where my Model differs from the real model.

I have attached an image of that as well.

thank you

Zak

• Hi @model030 ,

Anaplan will show this error when list name is incorrect. Always recommended not to type the list name in the formula if we have number & special character.

Can you try this step to write your formula?

Edit formula bar of code line item-> write CODE(ITEM(list name)) -> Go to General lists > click on the list name.

Thanks

Akhtar

• Hello @Akhtar.shahbaz 

I have a problem with clicking general lists. When I click on any of the lists as you said nothing appears in the formula, I mean it cannot be clicked. I checked everything and could not find anything wrong. It will be great if you can help me to solve this. Thanks.