6.9.2 Add Formulas to Product Family Details Module

model030
Occasional Contributor

6.9.2 Add Formulas to Product Family Details Module

I am getting an error message when I enter the formula for SYS05, anyone know where I might have made a mistake?

Preview attachment IMG_20201103_212332857.jpg

IMG_20201103_212332857.jpg
833 KB

7 REPLIES 7
GONI
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Could not open the attachment. 

model030
Occasional Contributor

thanks for reaching out to me, hopefully it opens now,

let me know if not and I will try again

thank you

GONI
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The error is because hierarchy is not defined. So check clearly did you define hierarchy in your model. As a thumb rule, it is good to check hierarchy is defined or not for respective calculation whenever ITEM keyword is used.

GONI_1-1604600103946.png

Also you added " at the end of formula instead of '. The correct calculation is CODE(ITEM('P1 Product Family'))

Stay Safe,

Basavaraj

GONI
Frequent Contributor

Hi Zak, Did you solve the issue?

Thanks!

model030
Occasional Contributor

Hi Goni,

thanks for reaching back out to me.

sadly, no I still am getting the following error message; also I must not understand what you mean by hierarchy has to be clearly defined. In my general lists I do not see where my Model differs from the real model.

I have attached an image of that as well.

thank you

Zak

Akhtar.shahbaz
Community Boss

Hi @model030 ,

Anaplan will show this error when list name is incorrect. Always recommended not to type the list name in the formula if we have number & special character.

Can you try this step to write your formula?

Edit formula bar of code line item-> write CODE(ITEM(list name)) -> Go to General lists > click on the list name.

Thanks

Akhtar

sumeyyeakin
Contributor

Hello @Akhtar.shahbaz 

I have a problem with clicking general lists. When I click on any of the lists as you said nothing appears in the formula, I mean it cannot be clicked. I checked everything and could not find anything wrong. It will be great if you can help me to solve this. Thanks.