API: Running a process

stephen.hoffer
Contributor

API: Running a process

So if I have created a process that I use via  a dashboard button.

Step 1: clears a list

Step 2: The file to upload selection is available

Step 3: You choose the file

Step 4: You hit run

The process runs manually without issue.

If I use the Anaplan Connect, I created a .bat file and can trigger this process and it apparently works just fine, but I am NOT having to select a file.

What do I need to do when I run this process?

Do I need to create an Import of the file as a first .bat and THEN run the process?

Or do I define the file and file path that the process uses?

The following is my script...minus removing any identifying Parameters:

@echo off
rem For Windows OS : This example explains the usage of basic Authentication with Anaplan Connect.
rem It also loads a source text file and runs an Anaplan import into a module.
rem For details of how to configure this script visit https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Downloads/DL_Downloads.html

set AnaplanUser="USERID:Password"
set WorkspaceId="WorkspaceID"
set ModelId="ModelID"
set ServiceUrl="https://api.anaplan.com"
set AuthUrl="https://auth.anaplan.com"
set File="CY_GROWER_ANAPLAN_IMPORT.csv"
rem set Put="C:\QlikDev\Anaplan\Templates\CY_GROWER_ANAPLAN_IMPORT.csv" -put %Put% -File %File%
rem set Action="IMPORT_CY_GROWER_ANAPLAN_IMPORT.csv" -action %Action%
set Action="CY Grower Orders Update"

set Operation=-service %ServiceUrl% -auth %AuthUrl% -workspace %WorkspaceId% -model %ModelId% -process %Action% -execute -output "ERROR PATH" - Do not edit below this line ***

rem set Operation=-debug -service %ServiceUrl% -auth %AuthUrl% -workspace %WorkspaceId% -model %ModelId% -P

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion || exit /b 1
cd %~dp0
if not %AnaplanUser% == "" set Credentials=-user %AnaplanUser%
set Command=.\AnaplanClient.bat -d -d %Credentials% %Operation%
@echo %Command%
cmd /c %Command%
pause

3 REPLIES 3
DavidSmith
Community Boss

Firstly, it is not good practice to clear a list each time prior to re-loading.  Using a defined key in the data to create a code for the list removes the need for this

But to your issue, the AC script is effectively like running the action directly from the actions tab rather than a dashboard so there is no prompt.  

You can run the import and load in one script.  The -file defines the name of the file and the -put loads this onto the cloud.  you can then run the import or the process using -import or -process

I hope this helps

David

stephen.hoffer
Contributor

Understood on the clear...the process was inherited by me and we have discussed removing it for the reason you described.

So to be literal.

In one script, I set operation to import the file

Then I can run the process that loads the file INTO the list?

Just importing the file makes a new file available to perform the ‘Load into List’ action?
ben_speight
Super Contributor

You need to use -put <local path> in the command line to upload fresh data before running any import or process. Before you use -put, specify the file data source in the model using -f.