About setting the HIDE button on the dashboard

■ Trouble
"Select" and "Every ~" are not displayed when pressing "Hide" on a list with a hierarchy on the dashboard grid view.

キャプチャ.PNGキャプチャ2.PNG

■ What you want to do
I'm trying to create a dashboard by placing a list with a hierarchy and a regular list, or two lists, in a module row. When displaying a dashboard by default, I want to display only the end list for a list that has a hierarchical structure.

If you have any good idea to display only the end list, please let me know.

Tagged:

Answers

• HI @ZDH001551,

Please make use of the option 'Select Levels to Show' to show the least level of the hierarchy.

Note: If you do this then you will not be able to do synchronization in DB. If that is okay then you can go with this approach.

Else

Create a boolean formatted line item and make it as true and then put a filter on it.(Summary defaults to None)

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Kavin.

• Hi,

If you want to show the end list(Lowest level of hierarchy) in the dashboard. Use the select level to show option and hid the Higher levels.

001.png

~Vignesh M

• Thank you for your prompt reply.
  • Thank you for your prompt reply.

>> Note: If you do this then you will not be able to do synchronization in DB.

Could you tell me the meaning of the above? Does it refer to synchronization between models by ALM?
  • HI @ZDH001551,

It means, Lets say you have 2 lists as L1(Parent) and L2(Child). If you publish a grid(L2 dimension in row) in a dashboard without hiding or doing 'select levels to show' then your synchronization will work. If you publish L1 as a page selector in that db and if you turn on the synchronization(Check the below link for more clarification) then based on the L1 selection, your grid will show only the child coming under that L1. But if you do Hide or do Select levels to show then you cannot turn on the synchronization, in such case you have to create a filter line item.

You can go thru the below link for more clarification.

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Working_with_Data/Selections/Selections_and_Synchronization.html?_ga=2.139245491.1690410397.1564804127-12490589.1530592713

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Kavin. 

• Thank you for the explanation.
    Thank you very much for helping me.