About textlist Formula

Hi I want to Textlist function.

I want to get Customers by Product List.

But I don't know how to use it.

ListLineitem
ProductCustomerConbinationTextList
P1C1C1,C2
 C2C1,C2
 C3  
P2C1C1,C3
 C2  
 C3 

Do you have any idea?

Answers

• Hi @CommunityMember125605 ,

Just keep Product list only in applies to of Textlist line item. Then apply the Textlist formula at Customer list

TEXTLIST(Text to concatenate, Separator, List to reference [, Duplicate behavior])
    pasting the screenshot for your reference 

JitendraVishnolia_1-1652850615713.png

Hope this helps.

~Jitendra

• Hi, @Jitendra.Vishnolia !

I could solve it! 

Thank you!

• @CommunityMember125605 

Please don't use the function TextList as it has massive performance implications, there is a reason why it has it's own Planual rule (link).  Instead, why create a module that is dimensionalized by Product and Customer and use Booleans?  Also, please read through this entire post on ways to get around the use of TextList.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Lookup-Sum-and-Textlist-Cheat-Sheet/m-p/53085#M8205

Rob

• Hi, @rob_marshall.

I don't want to use text List, not boolean, Because I have to send a order to supplier.

Supplier needs Customer List per Product.

▲Supplier:S1   
    Order ProductAmountCustomer
    1P1100C1,C2
    2P2200C2,C3
    3P3300 
  • @CommunityMember125605 

Then change the code of the transactional list to be product code_customer code with amount as the line item instead of your order number.  With this, you can create two line items: Product and Customer that you can figure out by using the transactional code.  Lastly, create a module dimensionalized my Product and Customer.

Now you have the dimensionalized which allows you to do all kinds of fun things.  

I could be wrong, but i would doubt your source system stores your customers in one field as you have below.

Rob

• @CommunityMember125605 

Or better yet, from your original post, you can create a module dimensionalized by Product and Customer, create a line item that does a sum on the amount.  Now you can pivot it by Product and now see the customers as well as the amount without using textlist.

Rob

• Hi, @rob_marshall .

I know I can create module by product and customer and see amount of price.

But the point is text concatination.