Action to "Create" in new UX

Hi,

I have a problem related to the new UX. I can't figure out how to publish the action "create" to add items to a numbered list. And as far as I know, it is not possible to add a "create" to a process (since processes can be published).

Does anyone have a solution for this? 

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@fredrickstraube 

As of now it is not possible to Create while working on Boards. You can go to any worksheet Page and add CREATE action from the worksheet. Then Go back to Boards and add the action on to the pages.

That should solve your problem

Answers

• Thanks a lot, that explains it! 🙂

• Hi Fredrick, Not the create action itself, but you can either add a form or create a process that has an import action within it to add items to the numbered list.  For the forms, those can be configured directly on boards by publishing an action card to a board then going to "configure worksheet actions" in the upper right corner, then "forms" then "create a form".  

• Does anyone know how to make this work on the mobile app?  I was able to make a "create" action through forms as described, it works on a desktop, but it doesn't work on mobile that I can see

• @SRoberts I believe the April release was supposed to include this functionality. However, I don't know that you are able to leverage the form thought an action. I was able to leverage a form through the card menu with the mobile app.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Releases/April-2020-releases-and-sneak-peek-at-May/ba-p/69375#toc-hId-446550352
  • @Tiffany.Rice thank you so much for your help! I was looking up and down and everywhere in-between for the 3-dot ellipses at the top of the screen with no success. Your hint about this being a brand new functionality made me realize that I needed to update my mobile app! I hopped over to the Google Play App Store, updated Anaplan, and now IT WORKS!! I agree it is clunky but it is far better than nothing! So excited thank you!