Adding/Inserting a list member is disabled when a published list has no list member.

Hi, Anaplanners

If you publish a list to a dashboard, you are able to add/insert a list member (s) to the list on the dashboard. However, it appears that you are not allowed to add/insert any list member to a list if a list has no list member. Would I know what it boils down to ? If you have any solution for this issue other than setting a dummy to a published list.

Thanks in advance

Greg

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @gregtan 

There are two possible reason:

1. Could you check the parent of that list, it seems that you don't have any item in that list.

2. check your access, If selective access is enable then also will not able to insert any item in the list.

Hope this help!

Thanks

Akhtar

• Hi, Akhtar

Thanks for your reply:

1. The list is a single hierarchy, does not have any parent.

2. No selective access is applied.

Thanks.

• Hi @gregtan 

I think if I am not wrong then you are talking about the scenario like when you have created a list but having no item in that new list and you have published the list in the dashboard then Insert/Delete option is disable see below screenshot

Screenshot_323.png

Now to add member to a list you should click on parent or code then Addition option will enable to add new member.This list published in DB

Screenshot_324.png

Screenshot_328.png

Screenshot_325.png

Screenshot_326.png

If your scenario is different then please send me the screenshot and with some more detail

Hope this help!

Thanks

Akhtar