Adding of column values

DarrenS
Occasional Contributor

Adding of column values

Hi,

I have a column which is made up from a List. I've created a "new column" called "Sales and Marketing" and would like to sum up the values that are currently in "Sales" and "Marketing" respectively. The values in the other columns remain as it is.  Is there a formula that is able to do this? 

Structure of the module as below. 

DarrenS_0-1621913765160.png

DarrenS_1-1621913777249.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vinayvm
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Adding of column values

Hi @DarrenS ,

Although, I would recommend following Parent-Child relationship and then adjusting the downstream calculations, here is the alternate way which you might be looking for (if there are intricacies which prevent the use of parent-child arrangement in your case)

You can sum the values in Sales, Marketing by using a property (Parent item) as shown below:

Data View

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 12.19.32 PM.png

Blueprint View

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 12.35.25 PM.png

The formula in lineitem: Output is using Admin Settings module. This is to avoid hard-coding in the formula:

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 12.20.03 PM.png

These 3 lineitems in Admin Settings are LOB list formatted.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

vinayvm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vinayvm

Hi @DarrenS ,

You can achieve this by having the list elements: Sales, Marketing as child items of 'Sales & Marketing'. This arrangement will automatically sum the values at the parent level, without having to use a formula.

Below is a screenshot for your reference.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 10.41.08 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

vinayvm

DarrenS
Occasional Contributor

Hi @vinayvm 

Thanks for your help. It works! 🙂 

But is there another method using a formula? Reason being, after i've made the amendment on the list, there is a line item which uses this LOB list and the values are kind of wrong now.

vinayvm

Hi @DarrenS ,

Although, I would recommend following Parent-Child relationship and then adjusting the downstream calculations, here is the alternate way which you might be looking for (if there are intricacies which prevent the use of parent-child arrangement in your case)

You can sum the values in Sales, Marketing by using a property (Parent item) as shown below:

Data View

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 12.19.32 PM.png

Blueprint View

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 12.35.25 PM.png

The formula in lineitem: Output is using Admin Settings module. This is to avoid hard-coding in the formula:

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 12.20.03 PM.png

These 3 lineitems in Admin Settings are LOB list formatted.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

vinayvm

View solution in original post