Anaplan COnnect Inquiry

Hi,

I just want to know. If your transporting data from 1 model to another using Anaplan Connect API. How would you be able to do that?

I am familiar with the Anaplan Connect API importing csv to Anaplan Model base on the script below.

clipboard_image_0.png

I checked the documentation pdf of Anaplan Connect and there is an option there for model to model

clipboard_image_1.png

Is this the script use to import data from 1 model to another in the same workspace?

Regards,

Best Answers

• kavinkumar
    Answer ✓

HI @Jsdeloria21,

Yes you are right, the script to pull the data from one model to another model is as follows,

{

@echo off
    rem This example runs a model to model import within Anaplan.
    set AnaplanUser="firstname.lastname@company.com"
    set WorkspaceId="8a819488459fa63301462b73fe785786"
    set ModelId="CB0A5A4D5C5943B5837FF42C5FAA95E1"
    set Operation=-import "P&L from Model2 / Installation Sales" -execute
    rem *** End of settings - Do not edit below this line *** }

Here you have to create an import action within anaplan (Model 1) which pulls the data from another model(Model 2). Once that action is setup, you just need to call that action thru above query.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kavin.

• kavinkumar
    Answer ✓

HI @Jsdeloria21,

My comments below.

1. The workspace ID and Model ID in the script, is the from the source model to target model? - The Workspace Id and Model Id should be from Destination model (The model where you are trying to run the action) not the Source model (Where you pull the data from)

2.  Under the set operation line, "P&L from Model2 / Installation Sales", P&L from Model2 is the Target model and Installation Sales is the Source model, right? Are they action buttons for the Source and Target models that will execute the import process? - Nope, Its just the action name that exists in your Destination Model. 

Note: There is no need to bring in the Source Model details in the script cos running an action in Destination Model will automatically pulls the data from Source Model.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,
    Kavin.

Answers

• Hi Kavin,

I appreciate the response. I just have some questions on the script for model to model import.

1. The workspace ID and Model ID in the script, is the from the source model to target model?

2. Under the set operation line, "P&L from Model2 / Installation Sales", P&L from Model2 is the Target model and Installation Sales is the Source model, right? Are they action buttons for the Source and Target models that will execute the import process?

Regards,