Anaplan Connect: Dumpfile

Hi everyone, 
I'm trying to automatically export dump files when the Anaplan connect API has run. With normal imports/exports, it works fine and I'm able to specify a name for the txt-file. When I use a process, I'm not able to give the txt a name. I can only specify the folder. Is there any way to give the dumpfile a custom name? 

I use the following code:

<a href="/profile/Echo">@Echo</a> off

set AnaplanUser=
set WorkspaceId=
set ModelId=
set ServiceUrl="https://api.anaplan.com"
set AuthUrl="https://auth.anaplan.com"
set FileName="test.csv"
set FilePath="D:\Dataexchange\test.csv"
set processname="API - CSV - Import test"
set DumpName="D:\004. Bestanden\Foutmeldingen\test.txt"
set Chunksize=1

set Operation=-debug -service %ServiceUrl% -auth %AuthUrl% -workspace %WorkspaceId% -model %ModelId% -chunksize %Chunksize% -file %FileName% -put %FilePath% -process %processname% -execute -output %DumpName%

rem *** End of settings - Do not edit below this line ***

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion || exit /b 1
cd %~dp0
if not %AnaplanUser% == "" set Credentials=-user %AnaplanUser%
set Command=.\AnaplanClient.bat %Credentials%  %Operation%
@echo %Command%
cmd /c %Command%
Exit

Best Answer

• When you run a process action, Anaplan Connect requires a directory because there may be multiple dump files from different imports.

If you need more control over dump file naming, then you can run each import directly (using -import instead of -process) and then specify a file in -output. Otherwise, the naming convention used is stable so you can rename/move the file afterwards in your script.

Answers

• @RalfdeGier 

Adding @rob_marshall to this one. He's really good with Curl scripts.

• @RalfdeGier 

Name your export action exactly what you want the file name to be.

For example if you want your file name to be "Extract Data.txt", your export action should be named as "Extract Data" and you can wrap this export action into a process and you can name process whatever you wish to.

Hope that helps

Misbah

• Interesting discussion here. If Ben's solution does not work for you, consider seeking out 3rd party resources on Google for custom batch scripting or PowerShell scripts that may be able to produce what you are looking for. Though Anaplan does not support these resources. 

• Hello, you can always add the time stamp to the end of the file description to create a custom name, unique to the folder. 

tbeck_0-1639579338170.png

IF %time:~0,2% = ":" Goto :LESS10

goto :MORE10

:LESS10
    set /a HOUR=%time:~0,1%%time:~2,2%
    Goto :FinTraitement

:MORE10
    set /a HOUR=%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%
    Goto :FinTraitement
    :FinTraitement

SET DATE_OF_TODAY=%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4%
    SET TIME=%Time%
    SET DATE_TIME=%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4%_%HOUR:~0,2%
    SET DATE_TIME_HOUR_MIN=%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4%_%HOUR:~0,2%%time:~3,2%

Rem EXPORT FILE
    SET ANAPLAN_EXPORT_ACTION="[AC_#.#]_Export_Name_(1)"SET FOLDER_FILE_NAME="\\Export_File_Path_(1)"%DATE_TIME_HOUR_MIN%.csv