Anaplan Error for Assign Action

I am trying to Assign Support to another individual for quota purposes. When I run the action, I keep receiving the error: 'Model commit: cell reference is not writable.'. This only occurs on this one level but not any of the other levels (they are currently working). Why would this error appear for this level and also what does the error mean (for example, which cell reference?)? Thanks, Kaley

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Kaley,

In whatever saved view you are using for the export/import for the action, try hiding all the summary levels except the lowest level from the view.  That will remove them from the export/import action and you shouldn't see that error message anymore.  Hope that helps!

-Chris Weiss
  • Thank you Chris. I have updated the saved view to be the lowest level of data for the action, however, I am still receiving this error. Could something else be causing this? I have gone back through the Assign action and do not see any changes from the others. The only difference is this would be a lateral 'assign support' instead of going up the hierarchy.

Thank you,
    Kaley
  • Hi Kaley,

You may need to update saved views in both the source and the target (the module to which you are importing, assuming that the Assign action is an import to a different module).  If you are currently importing to the default view of a module, you may need to create a new saved view which also only displays the lowest level of data.

Just to confirm, does your error message actually result in any data discrepencies or issues, or is it just an error message that the parent-level cannot be updated with no negative impacts on the desired results of the Assign action?

-Chris Weiss
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you. I will try that approach as well. Below is the exact error message I receive:

Model commit: Cell reference is not writeable: com.anaplan.model.cellreference.PropertyValueCellReference@45536cb1(caused by: Cell reference is not writeable: com.anaplan.model.cellreference.PropertyValueCellReference@45536cb1)

Thank you,
    Kaley
  • Hi Kaley,

Did that work?  If not, is any data correctly updating as you expect despite the error message, or is there no successful data update?

-Chris Weiss