Anaplan: Valid To period - 9999

dominic.literal
Contributor

Anaplan: Valid To period - 9999

Hi Expert,

Good day!

Would like to seek your insights on how to upload the ValidTo period as 12/31/9999 and in Anaplan it will become blank (Date format). Since in Anaplan unable to load this period format unless set the format as text. Is there any workaround to handle this one or a system limitation? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Dom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anand.shekhawat
Super Contributor

Re: Anaplan: Valid To period - 9999

Hi @dominic.literal 

Anaplan has a maximum limit to date that you can enter in the date formatted line item and that is set to 2399-12-31 . You cannot put any date beyond this. You only have one option to store your 'valid to period' (12/31/9999) i.e. text. You can call it as a limitation.

I hope it helps

~Anand

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
anand.shekhawat
Super Contributor

Hi @dominic.literal 

Anaplan has a maximum limit to date that you can enter in the date formatted line item and that is set to 2399-12-31 . You cannot put any date beyond this. You only have one option to store your 'valid to period' (12/31/9999) i.e. text. You can call it as a limitation.

I hope it helps

~Anand

View solution in original post

paul_gibson
Frequent Contributor

Can you give some insight on what use case needs this as a year?

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful
dominic.literal
Contributor

@paul_gibson 

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

The use case is Pricing Simulation. As we agreed with the client, we used the 12/31/2399 as default date. Thank you.

Regards,

Dom

dominic.literal
Contributor

@anand.shekhawat 

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

As we agreed with the client, we used the 12/31/2399 as default date for 12/31/9999. Thank you.

Regards,

Dom