Anaplan model builder interview

Pilla
Occasional Contributor

Anaplan model builder interview

Hi, 

I have an interview with a company for the Anaplan model builder role within the FPA team. This is not going to be a technical round. Rather it is with a Financial Analyst who is the stakeholder. The interview might be scenario-based. It would be helpful if anyone can provide any suggestions of how and what to prepare for the interview.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

@Pilla 

First of all, congratulations and good luck with the interview!

Some ideas for you.

• Level 1 Modeling course is an FP&A case is an excellent starting point, bringing some Finance 101 concepts like a P&L.
  • Of course, reality is that you will need to understand more than income and focus on all the consolidated financial statements: income, balance sheet, cash flow, and shareholder's equity. Google these documents to gain some insight into how they work.
  • If you have access to a workspace then I recommend you also download the Hallaway App which is used for Anaplan demos to prospective customers. It has all the bells and whistles of a typical FP&A application.
  • Lastly, download from the App Hub any number of Anaplan-developed applications that you feel would be suitable for your interview. There's at least 50. IMHO, this is the best way other than direct experience. To see what others have done will help you greatly.

Good luck! Hope you'll return to the Community and let us know how it went!

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JaredDolich

@Pilla 

First of all, congratulations and good luck with the interview!

Some ideas for you.

• Level 1 Modeling course is an FP&A case is an excellent starting point, bringing some Finance 101 concepts like a P&L.
  • Of course, reality is that you will need to understand more than income and focus on all the consolidated financial statements: income, balance sheet, cash flow, and shareholder's equity. Google these documents to gain some insight into how they work.
  • If you have access to a workspace then I recommend you also download the Hallaway App which is used for Anaplan demos to prospective customers. It has all the bells and whistles of a typical FP&A application.
  • Lastly, download from the App Hub any number of Anaplan-developed applications that you feel would be suitable for your interview. There's at least 50. IMHO, this is the best way other than direct experience. To see what others have done will help you greatly.

Good luck! Hope you'll return to the Community and let us know how it went!

Jared Dolich
Pilla
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much @jared!! This definitely helps. I will go through everything you mentioned. And yes, I will share my interview experience.