Anything wrong with my formulas?

YuyaoWang
New Contributor

Anything wrong with my formulas?

Hi,

I was taking the level1 certification exam, creating REP04 Employee Expense Summary.

Here are my formulas: 

Salary: 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]

Bonus: 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]

Car Cost: 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Car Costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region]

Phone Cost: 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Phone Costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region]

Medical Cost: 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Medical Costs[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region]

Total Expense: 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Total Employee Expenses[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region]

I got incorrect results using these formulas, but I can't find the reason...

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Misbah

Re: Anything wrong with my formulas?

@YuyaoWang 

Formula looks ok which means either the inputs are not correct in SYS08 module or else Calcs are not working as expected in the EMP02 module

View solution in original post

ChrisHeathcote
Community Boss

@YuyaoWang 

If you received no error then make sure that the dimensions you have selected are the same as those in the example. 

Good luck and keep at it.

Chris Heathcote
Bedford Consulting

Gold Partner and Regional Partner of the Year 2021, EMEA

2 REPLIES 2
Misbah

@YuyaoWang 

Formula looks ok which means either the inputs are not correct in SYS08 module or else Calcs are not working as expected in the EMP02 module

ChrisHeathcote
Community Boss

@YuyaoWang 

If you received no error then make sure that the dimensions you have selected are the same as those in the example. 

Good luck and keep at it.

Chris Heathcote
Bedford Consulting

Gold Partner and Regional Partner of the Year 2021, EMEA