Applying different formulas to list

aurellionugroho
edited November 2022 in Modeling

Hi, i'd like to ask about how to apply different formulas on each item in a list. 

As You can see, Module 1 shows actual data from the current month. Module 2 is a forecast module, where the baseline column is from the previous month actual data, while the Growth % and Growth column is an input column for expected growth for the following month. Could you please give the solution since as far i know, a list is only able to capture the same formula for each of its item. Thank you.

Module 1 and Blueprint Views

Module 1.PNG

aurellionugroho_0-1669003893577.png

Module 2 and Blueprint Views

Module 2.PNG

aurellionugroho_1-1669003978384.png

Answers

• ShubhamCh
    edited November 2022

Hi @aurellionugroho 

Are Baseline, Growth, Growth%, Final list items?? I am confused looking at the pictures. Please share the blueprint view as well and also some more details related to your end goal.

One tip:- Paste pictures in descriptions because it is easier to look and scroll back and forth when the pictures are in the description.

Thanks!

-Shubham

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022

Hi @aurellionugroho ,

Anaplan is designed to work in that way, to have single formula across all list items. 

However, you can have different formulas for different list items in a single line item. This can be achieved by System boolean module and IF THEN ELSE logic. 

You can also group set of list items in your system module with logics, if set of your list items needs to have similar formulas. This will help you to reduce the number of iterations in IF ELSE. (This is band/range based calculation)

This is tedious process when if else iteration seems to go quite high if more number of list items require different logics. 

Other way is to create LISS from that list, bring data from collect and create few line items for different set of calculations. This might not be your case, also check if this helps.

Thanks,

Manjunath 

• aurellionugroho
    edited November 2022

Hi @ShubhamCh 

Yes, Baseline, Growth, Growth%, Final are list item. I've also updated the picture to ease you understand my context. Will really appreciate your help. Thank you.

• aurellionugroho
    edited November 2022

Hi @ManjunathKN 

Thank you for your input. Will be considering which one suits best to my case.

• ShubhamCh
    edited November 2022

Hi @aurellionugroho 

The structure of the modules seem very odd to me because in the module1 you have Cash Flow list, while in the second module I see line items with the names of Cash Flow list items. 

Why did you not apply Cashflow list in module 2 as well? 

If Baseline, Growth, Growth%, Final become line items instead of list items, the solution will become much easier. 

Thanks!

- Shubham