Best Practise Recommendation

HIya,

I am currently pulling various modules out from a large model to provide better user security, I then plan to pull the data from the top level module back into the main business model. Is this something you recommend doing via a monthly import?

Tagged:

Answers

• Why are you not using roles to drive access?

Alternatively, selective access?

Icapon, I think that there is a more efficient method, rather than having two separate models.

IF you have a security reason, then this makes sense, but I would most definitely set up through Cloudworks an auto-pull process, both to and from both models, that triggers more frequently then monthly, such as daily, if the user accesses overlap in certain cases.

• Hi - thanks for your response.

I think I need to keep it more simple for now as I am fairly new to model builder - essential out business model has evolved far to largely and there is no need for payroll information to be here - so looking at a spoke design.

I have done this, and via a linking module i can successful import the data required - but I just wanted to know if importing is the best way or if there is something more automated? you mentioned cloudworks? I'm not aware of what this is.