Blank Cell with History

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Blank Cell with History

Hi Team,

I have a situation where some cells have had data entered to them & this is proved by the cell history but the cell is BLANK. I am struggling to understand why the cell history is not reconciling to the data in the cell. Please see the attached screenshots for an example but effectively I was expecting the value to be 'May 21' as this is the last entry in the cell history

Has anyone encountered this before & have a solution?

Thanks!

Mark

26 REPLIES 26
tingtingxia
Frequent Contributor

Hi Mark

May I understand from you:

1.what is used as your dropdown for End Month selection?

2. the selection is modified by user input or some kind of update action?

From my end, I tried to replicate a 3-dimensional module with end month formatted as Period Month, and the history records reconcile with whatever I have changed.

Module:

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 10.36.01 AM.png

Cell history:

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 10.35.41 AM.png

End result:

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 10.40.02 AM.png

BR,

Tingting

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @tingtingxia 

Thanks for the quick reply

The line item is a list formatted (Time Period - Month) line item & by all logic the data that is showing in the history should be displaying in the cell

I agree with your logic & that is the way it works 99.9% of the time

Mark

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@MarkTurkenburg 

Try investigating the cell history of the cell rather than the model history.

This is should reveal exactly what has been going on in that specific cell of the model.

I dont think this is a platform error but a simple case of the data being deleted from the cell. 

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @ChrisAHeathcote 

Thanks but that was my 1st point of call (if you review my 1st post). The cell history has no deletion history & but the cell has no value

Anaplan support team are currently unable to solve for this

Thanks

Mark

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@MarkTurkenburg 

Of course, I can see that you have already tried this. 

Have you tried changing the pivot so that you can see all the values across of the dimensions?

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @ChrisAHeathcote 

Yes I have done that but my query was the specific intersection between dimensions where the cell history stated data entry but the cell did not display this

Thanks

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@MarkTurkenburg 

I think the the module and history data is not comparable.

ChrisHeathcote_0-1622544416554.png

The grid shows 'Sustainability Coordinator, Communities' and 'Head Office Expenses' in 'Working'  line item.  

ChrisHeathcote_1-1622544523778.png

The history shows changes against, 'Sustainability Coordinator, Communities' and 'Head Office Expense' in 'End of Month (if applicable)' line item.

The line item is different. 

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @ChrisAHeathcote 

'Working' is the Version while 'End of Month (if applicable)' is the line item

I have taken another screen shot of the cell history with all the dimensions (see attached)

Thanks

Screen shot 4.PNG

rob_marshall

@MarkTurkenburg 

I figured I might as well jump into this party...Let me ask you question, I see you are working with a numbered list, are you sure you are looking at the same intersection of data?  I ask because the "Sustainability Coordinator" might be repeated in the list.

Rob

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @rob_marshall 

Thanks for the reply

Yes I am working with a numbered list & there are possibly multiple list items with the same 'Display Name' but the data I am referring to above & are in the screen shots are from the same list item

Mark