Calculation on Months to Quarters

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Calculation on Months to Quarters

Yes I have, Yet I'm unable to get any Output.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi  @Rajasekhar,

can you give me screenshot module months and blue print module months, because i need to know what dimension and line item you used.

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@Rajasekhar 

Why is Time being used as a dimension in your module? 1,2 and 3rd month will always be Q1 or 1 in your case, irrespective of Time.

You can remove Native Time from your dimensions and it should work

Let us know if it doesn't work

Highlighted

Hi Rajasekhar,

Can you show me what the name and code of the quarter list looks like. I think the code is not 1,2,3 etc and that's why the finditem is failing

Regards,
Anirudh
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Panji/Misbah/Anirudh,

PFB all the required screenshots.

I have a number formatted property called Monthnum in my month list.

I have a module with dimension as Month list on the rows and line items on the columns and I created 3 line items following both the Approaches with formula as below:

Qtrs Line item--Qtr List formatted(First approach)=

IF Months.Monthnum <= 3 THEN FINDITEM(Qtrs, "1") ELSE IF Months.Monthnum <= 6 THEN FINDITEM(Qtrs, "2") ELSE IF Months.Monthnum <= 9 THEN FINDITEM(Qtrs, "3") ELSE FINDITEM(Qtrs, "4")

Second Approach:

Qtrs Line Item1(Text formatted)=

IF Months.Monthnum <= 3 THEN "1" ELSE IF Months.Monthnum <= 6 THEN "2" ELSE IF Months.Monthnum <= 9 THEN "3" ELSE "4"

Qtrs Line Item 2(Qtr list formatted)=

FINDITEM(Qtrs, 'Otrs Line item 1')

But I don't get any Output.

Comminty 1.PNGCommunity 2.PNGCommunity 3.PNGCommunity 4.PNG

Regards,

Rajasekhar

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @Rajasekhar 

The reason you are not getting anything on line items when FY19 is selected, is because of summary settings. The formulas should work fine.

Can you make the summary setting as FIRSTNONBLANK and check?

Thanks
Anik
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yes, like @anikdas  say

the formula should fine, but if you see in FY19 the result will not  show  because the problem is your summary setting in none, so you need to check your summary setting and change none to formula. 

Highlighted

Hi Rajasekhar,

You have applied the month dimension of Anaplan Time to your module. I don't think you would need it as you have already applied the Months dimension

anirudh_0-1592565775141.png

To remove it, click Month under Time Scale of the Qtrs Line Item and change it to Not Applicable, repeat for all the Month dropdowns

Now when you look at any of the numbered months, you will be able to see the quarter number

Regards,

Anirudh

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Anikdas/Panji/Anirudh,

Thank you for your guidance. I made the Timescale as Not Applicable and it worked. 

Thank you so much for all the help.

Regards,

Rajasekhar

Highlighted
Super Contributor

hi @Rajasekhar 

You are using native Anaplan Time dimension in the page selector which is selected to FY19 but your module is dimensioned to month, since default summary for line items is none, you wont see any value at FY19 which is a time summary , in case you choose any month like Jan 19 or feb 19 in the dropdown, you will be able to see values, hoever I think you do not need time dimension in this case, so you can set time in blueprint view to not applicable