Can I add drop down list (with data from a list) to cells that are loaded with data?

Can I add drop down list (with data from a list) to cells that are loaded with data? I've added a validate button, but now I'm trying to create a functionality that allows managers to make changes to data if the loaded data is incorrect. I'm having trouble including both a drop down list and prepopulated data in the same cells though and I can only figure out how to do one or the other. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• @wjackm 

Love this idea. So one way you might consider approaching this is to validate the line item with another line item. If the validation indicates an incorrect entry then use DCA to open up another line item that gives an error message based on the rules you establish. DCA can be used to make text invisible, readable, and editable. You can even make a final value locked until the error is corrected.

Answers

• I took this idea and tweaked it and it worked well. I created a box that can be checked if there is an error, which unlocks the drop downs for a new set of columns where corrected data can be input. Final data is pulled from the new set of columns unless they are blank (meaning there was no error), in which case data is pulled from the original columns. Thank you!
  • The approach sounds similar to how you would set up an override in Anaplan. You can check out this micro-lesson: How to Adjust or Override a Previously Calculated Value in Anaplan [3 min].