Centralized Identity Management (CIM) - Huge Step Forward

Misbah

Centralized Identity Management (CIM) - Huge Step Forward

By the end of this month CIM will be rolled out - What does that mean for all of us?  I personally feel this is a huge step forward as an  additional security measure.

1. Workspace admins will no longer be able to add or remove users from the "Users" section of Models.
  2. Workspace admins will only be able to assign Model roles to users and other model related permissions.
  3. If the Workspace admin needs an ability to add or remove other users, Tenant Admin has to set a new role "USER ADMIN" to that person.
  4. If the User is added to the Workspace the default access given to the user will be "No Access".

Probable Pictorial representation

Misbah_0-1614932813430.png

28 REPLIES 28
JaredDolich

Re: Centralized Identity Management (CIM) - Huge Step Forward

Thanks @Misbah I always count on your explanation of the new features. This helps a lot!

Jared Dolich
saurabh.raheja
Contributor

Hello

Will the option to add users using import actions still continue to be available?

Thanks

Saurabh

rob_marshall

@saurabh.raheja 

Yes, but not in the same way as you currently do now.  Instead of importing directly into a model, you will be loading the users into Administration.  I will play with this next week as well as ask this question and get back to you because you are not the only one that this impacts.

Rob

saurabh.raheja
Contributor

@rob_marshall 

Thanks for getting back! Yeah, I guessed it would impact a lot of people and the way we manage entitlements within Anaplan right now. 

I will be looking forward to your response and further developments in this space.

Saurabh

@prakashnishtala 

rob_marshall

@saurabh.raheja 

I am supposed to play with this Wednesday of next week, so if I don't get back to you by Thursday, please feel free to ping me again (I will try to save this thread, but it might get lost in the shuffle).

Rob

benjamin_audroi
Certified Master Anaplanner

I think it's a great addition and it makes more sense to centralize this feature. 

However, it will indeed change our user management processes by import actions.

@rob_marshall I am also curious to see how that will be handled next thursday. 

Do you happen to know when our current processes to add users to a model/workspace will not work anymore ? 

Thank you, 

rob_marshall

@benjamin_audroi 

To be perfectly honest, no, I don't but it will not be at the end of this month.  It is my understanding this will be more of a phased approach, so no ripping of the bandaid.  Again, let me get more details and I will get back to you.

Rob

JaredDolich

@rob_marshall @Misbah 

Question posed by @BrentOrr is can you assign someone the User Admin role that IS NOT a workspace admin? Meaning, there only job in Anaplan is to add/delete users?

Jared Dolich
rob_marshall

@JaredDolich 

That is my understanding, but will confirm next week.  There will be a new role created (User Administration) and you would assign people that role.

Rob