Certificate authentication issues

Options

I'm finding the information in relation to setting up certificate authentication hard to follow. In the following link: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Releases/How-to-Use-Third-Party-Certificates-With-Anaplan/ba-p/49116# there is information that says:

"When you obtain your certificate from Sectigo, you can either submit the certificate request and get a private key from the CA or you can submit your request with a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)."

I've obtained my certificate from Sectigo, but I don't know what this step means?

Answers

• Hi again Sam!

What extension is the certificate from Sectigo?
  • It depends which browser. I can open in IE or FF and then export the certificate to whatever format

• Great, can you export it to .p12 and follow these instructions

Install OpenSSL

anirudh_0-1597341104846.png

then

anirudh_0-1597340993945.png

and

anirudh_1-1597341007393.png

The output will be a .pem file and .key file
    Upload the .pem into Tenant admin and use both the files in Python to generate auth tokens

• I can't export the cert to a .p12 format in FF or IE though. It's giving me a few options but not this one.

• What options can you see
  • In FF:

PKCS#7 with chain

PKCS#7

DER

PEM with chain

PEM

In IE:

.CER

.P7B

• Perfect!
    Extract .CER from IE and follow these instructions

anirudh_0-1597380194399.png

• Thanks @anirudh 

Do you have the link to those screenshots you're posting? Very useful

• Oh sorry, I thought you were already referencing this material

Here you go:
    https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Support/Interactive-CA-Certificate-Guide/ta-p/58492

Regards,
    Anirudh
  • My certificate doesn't have 3 seperate BEGIN CERTIFICATE / END CERTIFICATE bits... How do I get the private key?

• That's fine, not having those lines just means you can use the public certificate as is. Try adding it to the certificates page in tenant admin
    The private key should be available on the Sectigo website as a download....