Register

Character limit of 60 on Anaplan code - Possible solution to address the issue required

rob_marshall

Re: Character limit of 60 on Anaplan code - Possible solution to address the issue required

@vinayvm ,

If you don't have a SKU code, then how are you going to get the transactional data into Anaplan?  Where is the SKU data coming from, the actual source system with the transactional data?  If it is like 99.99% of all source systems, they have a code.  This might not be available to you right now, but IT will certainly have it.  Ask them to redo exports to include that.

Rob

vinayvm
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Character limit of 60 on Anaplan code - Possible solution to address the issue required

@rob_marshall 

Out of the nine levels of product hierarchy, I have codes only for SKU level. For rest of the levels, there are no codes, but only names. Sorry if I was not clear in my earlier message.

Regards,

Vinay

rob_marshall

@vinayvm ,

There has to be a structure that you are attempting to create/mimic from the source system.  If not, then how would you know which SKU rolls up to which Product Category?

Rob