Chart UX Constant/Module Calculations

Hello, I am trying to build out a very specific UX dashboard. I am trying to create a chart that displays all the data from a single list AND also add one additional data row that is from another module. 

Module 1: D01 Slots

Pages: Version, Locations, Teams, Resources

Column: Time

Rows: Slots (Line Item), Products (20+ items)

Time (Months)
ProductSlotsdata (multiple rows)

Module 2: D02 Capacity

Pages: Version, Locations, Resources

Time (Months)
Max Slot Capacitydata (single row)

I would like to create a new module, D03 that looks like the following:

Pages: Version, Locations, Teams, Resources

Time (Months)
ProductsSlotsdata (multiple rows)
Max Slot CapacitySlotsdata (single row)

Essentially just D01 with the addition of the one line item in D02. Both modules D01 and D02 have the same dimensions, except for D01 having 'Teams' as a page and D02 does not have 'teams' at all. The goal is to have a UX chart graph the data of slots per product and also impose the Max Slot Capacity on the graph as well. I have tried everything but still can not quite figure it out. Rearranging lists and system modules is not an option. 

*Note: One of the list items for "Products" is 'CAPACITY'. I tried writing a formula for the 'Slots' line item to return data depending on the name, so all the items named 'CAPACITY' would just return data from D02 and boom problem solved, however that did not work either.

Answers

• Forgot to add an additional column for "Product" in the D02 table

• @davargas 

I might be oversimplifying this but it seems to be that since the lists are the same in both modules except for one that is missing in module 2, I would just add the one line item you need from module 2 to module 1. No need for a third module. If all the other lists truly are not needed or cannot be filtered out then you can create the third module but you'll have to use an aggregation function like SUM or FIRSTNONBLANK depending on the format of the line item.

• Hi @davargas 

I can’t put it any better than @JaredDolich 

If you have an additional list in Module 1, you can create a new line item there and the values will just get repeated for that particular list selection, which I assume would be the required behaviour here. You then have 2 line items in Module 1, Slots, which changes with your list selections and Max Slots, which doesn’t change with all. 

I have a feeling this is a repeated question which means you’ve been stuck for quite some time. Happy to connect over a call if that helps. 

• Hello @JaredDolich I appreciate your reply. Adding the line item to module 1 would just make it apart of the line items, when in reality I want it sort of apart of the list. I want it it be treated as a list item so that it would also be equally treated in the graph. Adding it as a line item would make it look like

Time (Months)

Products

Slots

data

Products

Max Slot Capacity

data

Products

Slots 

data

Products

Max Slot Capacity

data

adding a 'Max Slot Capacity' to each product,

When I want it to look like

Time (Months)

Products

Slots

data (multiple rows)

Max Slot Capacity

Slots

data (single row)

Where Products and Max Slot Capacity are treated the same and each given data for "Slots".

• @ankit_cheeni Thank you for the reply. That would work but my end goal is to graph all the products on a single graph with the Max Slot Capacity as well. I've attached the graph as it stands right now without the Max Slots Capacity. Wouldn't your solution just graph the slots and max slots per product selected? 

davargas_1-1658780337325.png

• @davargas 

I have a question and a kinda lazy solution if you have or can add a top level to Products. If you do, you can select Slots for all the products and select Max Slots for your All Products, once you have both LIs in your Module 1. 

ankit_cheeni_0-1658781494137.png

My question is if your Max Slot is not changing with Products (and plausibly other lists too), why do we have them as a dimension in Module 2?

Not sure how helpful this would be and I am sure someone else will have a better solution if this doesn't work.

• How are you able to assign slots to products and Max slots to all products? Is that possible in Anaplan? To assign different line items to different dimension items? If so, couldn't I just assign slots to all the other product list items and assign max slots to a specific product list item "CAPACITY" (remember one of the product list items is called 'CAPACITY' which just shows 0 for now since it has no data). 

• Get it to a state where you have both line items for each product

Then Create a Line Item Subset of both the line items in MOdule 1. 

ankit_cheeni_0-1658783899880.png

Create a Filter Module dimensioned by this Line item subset and Products and have one Boolean formatted line item (Say Filter).

Then use this as a filter in Module 1. This will make your char view dynamic. 

ankit_cheeni_7-1658784103731.png

Hope that helps. 

• This method worked great. I now have my desired graph. Thank you so much! You really saved me. I just have one more question. This method could help me with another task I am trying to accomplish. Dealing with the same list, is it possible to assign the filter to higher items in the hierarchy? Referring to your example, I still want to apply the filter to P1, P2, P3, etc but I would also like to add the filter to lets say Total Products (all in the same module). When doing this method, I can only apply the filter to the lower classed items in the list. 

What I am trying to accomplish: In my products list I have P1 Product Lines, P2 Product Families, and P3 Product Names. The first graph I made was great and shows the slots used by each product. Now I want to show slots used by product families. Easy, already made the graph, however, there is a list item in P2 called "other" which is too hard to explain but essentially I want to remove 'other' from the graph by multiplying all the other families by a factor of itself. Hard to explain but this chart should explain better. 

davargas_3-1658854097194.png

'New Slots' = Slots*(Slots/(Total-Other))

The reason I am having trouble doing this in Anaplan is because you can't reference 'Total' or 'Other' in the formula box since they are list items and not line items. If this method works for this, I could assign a line item 'Total' to the highest item in the list which is 'Total Products' and do calculations that way.