Circular Reference - Supply Planning

Hi,

For a customer of ours we're building a Supply Planning model on daily basis. 

When trying to build the core module I'm running into a circular reference which I can not seem to solve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Relevant line items are shown in the screenshot below. 

HendrikDeCuyper_0-1584539296572.png

For the Suggested Reorder Quantity the formula should be to take the Reorder point - Ending inventory - MOVINGSUM(Scheduled receipts, 1, Supplier Lead Time) - MOVINGSUM(Planned Receipts, 1, Supplier Lead Time -1).

However the Planned Receipts are calculated based on the Suggested Reorder Quantity, which you will theoretically order. Formula goes as follows: OFFSET(Suggested reorder quantity, -Supplier Lead Time, 0).

I've tried a myriad of ways to workaround it but can't seem to make it work.

Hope anyone can help, glad to jump on a Teams or provide extra information where necessary.

Thank you!

Hendrik

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Hendrik,

Can you please show the 'Referenced By' for the Line Item - Suggested reorder quantity
  • Hi,

It's referenced by the Planned Receipts.

HendrikDeCuyper_0-1584540235643.png

• Great!

But I'm still a little confused, what is the formula for Planned Receipts? Is it the one in the original screenshot or is it: OFFSET(Suggested reorder quantity, -Supplier Lead Time, 0)

Can you first change the formula in Planned Receipts to OFFSET(Suggested reorder quantity, -Supplier Lead Time, 0)

and then apply

Reorder point - Ending inventory - MOVINGSUM(Scheduled receipts, 1, Supplier Lead Time) - MOVINGSUM(Planned Receipts, 1, Supplier Lead Time -1) to Suggested Reorder Qty

• Hi,

The full formula for Planned Receipt is as followed.

IF OFFSET(M Supply Plan Custom Days.'Days you Order this SKU 0/1'[SUM: M Custom Day Mapping.Standard Day Running], -'M SYS - SP7 - SKU / DC / Supplier'.lead time, 0) = 1 THEN OFFSET(Suggested reorder quantity, -'M SYS - SP7 - SKU / DC / Supplier'.lead time, 0) ELSE 0

As in the model we have an Ordering Calendar which is the 'Days you Order this SKU', therefore you have to look back if Today - Supplier Lead Time would be an Ordering Day than we would have Planned Receipts. 

Hope this clarifies, thanks for helping!

• Thanks, I'm guessing Planned Receipts isn't what is causing the circular reference.

Can you share the formula and referenced by for Scheduled Receipts?

• Hi,

This comes from out of a data module. 

Good to know is that the Supply Plan is on Dynamic time (List created with only working days)

HendrikDeCuyper_0-1584543037203.png

Would you prefer jumping on a WebEx or how can I help you to solve this together?

Thanks!