Color the Rows with list item Subtotals/Total

Hi, 

How can I color a Subtotal/Total  (parents) rows of the list items?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• HI @sharmagh,

Make use of the Conditional Formatting option. 

Sample below,

image.png

image.png

Output:image.png

I hope it helps!

• So what exactly i am looking for is like color the rows with D1, D2 and D3 parent items totals and not at column level.
  • @kevinkumar
    So what exactly i am looking for is like color the rows with D1, D2 and D3 parent items totals and not at column level.
  • Do you mean coloring the Parent Items? I think you can find differentiation through bold characters and alignment. Still, if you want to color the top-level items, it is not possible in Anaplan.

• Hi @sharmagh ,

IF you want to color the entire row, you have to put the same conditional formatting for all the line items which are in your view.

Thanks,

Yash

• Can you give me an example because i have 6 sub categories or subtotal rows where i want to highlight and if possible can i change the font of the subtotals?
  • Basically, in the example shown above by @kavinkumar , he has used the conditional formatting for 1 line item, if you use the formatting for all the line items your whole row would be highlighted.

• I understood your point but when you have multiple subtotal rows for multiple parents it is not possible.
  • If your highlights you want are in a list, i believe you could create a sys module with the following :

1 dimension only (list hierarchy you need to highlight)

1 number line item "hierarchy level" with formula checking the level of the hierarchy you are in, then assign value depending on the level (1 for lowest, 2, 3...)

Apply color coding to your report or module based on this newly created line item, assigning different colors depending to the values of the hierarchy level values (1,2,3...)

• Hello,

And If you have only one child?

BR,

Roba