Comparing User Dimensioned Answers

Hello,

I have a module where users indicate the "priority" of list members using a list formatted line item. These users can potentially assign different priorities to the same line items; a screenshot is attached that illustrates how two users have indicated different levels of priority (one High, one Medium).

Is there an easy way to catch these mismatches? 

For additional context, I want to import this priority level into a separate, non-user-dimensioned module. If I can take it a step further and indicate which value should be used in the event of a mismatch that would be great. Otherwise, if all we can do is filter out cases of mismatches and manually go in to address them, that would be fine too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tagged:

Answers

• @RobinSilk ,

Are you using the "real" users dimension or a custom/fake users dimension?

• We are using the real Users dimension.

• there is no way currently to access a "top level" element of the user list which means you can extact a value out of it with a formula, hence Rob's question.

The only way I know of is to recreate a custom user list from the system one (and give it a top level), bring the input automatically via a LOOKUP and you can treat it from here.

• Would you mind elaborating on how this might work for a custom user list, and how that LOOKUP might play into making this a possibility?

• @RobinSilk ,

The reason I asked is Fake Users (custom Users list) needs to have a Top Level that the "real" Users does not have as you need to use this to "sum" the data.  See if the below works for you.

Data module:

2020-07-23_17-55-57.png

Blueprint:

2020-07-23_17-52-58.png

2020-07-23_17-56-12.png

For a result of:

2020-07-23_17-56-55.png

Create another module to clean it up:

2020-07-23_17-58-44.png2020-07-23_17-58-34.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

• This is great, thank you. Would you mind taking a step back and explaining the easiest way to create a fake users list based on the real users list? How do I go about tieing the real users to the fake users list?

• @RobinSilk 

create a module using Users in the Applies To.  Create the following line items:

Item_txt: name(item(users)).  (Text formatted)

Fake Users Lst: finditem(Fake Users, item_txt).    (List Firmatted)

Load to Fake Users?: isbkank(Fake Users Lst).  (Boolean formatted)

create a view with a filter using Liad to Fake Users? being true.  

create an action using that view.

Done!

Rob

• Thanks for your help thus far, Rob.

I have created the Custom Users List and module as you advised. As such, my Users list and Custom Users List are identical. The only difference is that the Custom Users List has a top-level item "All Users".

I am still having trouble pulling those inputs from the real user module into this custom users module, and a lookup doesn't seem to be cutting it. At this point it is too late to switch the dimension over from Users to Custom Users in that module where these users were inputting data. Attached are some screenshots to help illuminate this:

1) Original Users dimensioned module. The line items at the bottom are the ones we want to be able to aggregate.

RobinSilk_0-1595554667146.png

2) Error message, Custom Users dimensioned module, and a look at the formula. You can see that I am trying to use "Customer User Identifier", which should be identical for the Users and Custom Users, as a way to bridge the gap.

RobinSilk_1-1595554804574.png

Where do I need to go from here?

Thanks,

Robin

• @RobinSilk ,

Due to not having the top level as well as security (the reason the lookup will not work), I don't believe your current configuration is going to work.  Have you thought of breaking this piece off from using Users and using Fake Users?  Is that a possibility?

Rob