Conditional Format of Colum Results

HI Community --  I have a column (text) that returns either a value off 1 or 0 .  but I want to create a column that actually creates the corresponding value .  For instance is the value is 1 then its Direct otherwise is Fund.

Fund or DirectNew Column 
1Fund
0Direct
1Fund
0Direct
0Direct
1Fund
1Fund
1Fund
1Fund
1Fund
1Fund
1Fund

Answers

• Hi  lennylong0630,

This can be achieved by simple IF THEN ELSE statement. You can define a list i.e Fund Type with two list items as 1. Fund 2. Direct. The 'New Column' line item format where you write the condition should be list (Fund Type). Then using line item "Fund or Direct" write the condition. IF Fund or Direct = "1" THEN Fund Type.Fund ELSE Fund Type.Direct

Note: You have mentioned that 1 and 0 are in a text field so use double quotes " " while matching the condition. 

And by defining a list you can refer and reuse the classifications anywhere in the model.

Hope this helps you. 

Thanks,

Jensit 

• Hi @lennylong0630 

This might seem like a simple task but the complexity can be increased to explore other options. 

The simplest method is to create an IF statement where IF Fund or Direct = "1" then "Fund" Else "Direct"

Here, we are assuming Fund and Direct to be texts (and the New Column to be text formatted). If Fund and Direct are list items, you'd want the line item to be list formatted and create a list that has a code 1 to Fund and 0 to Direct. This will allow you to use FINDITEM without any hard coding. 

Let me know if some other use comes to your mind.