Conditonal Formatting on Published Line Items to dashboard

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Conditonal Formatting on Published Line Items to dashboard

Hey All,

I am facing an issue with conditional formatting when publishing line item using "Publish Selected Line Items to Dashboard". After I apply conditional formatting it works okay on dashboard till I switch to a project that should have no conditional formatting. In that case, I see a conditional formatting event though it should be blank. 

1. A module that is holding Conditional formatting (I see that NaN gives me no color):

Capture.PNG

2. Dashboard view: I see that the published line item shows orange color for Dummy Project.

Capture1.PNG

3. I switch after showing Dummy project to Hemma project and it shows Orange as well even though it is supposed to be blank.

Capture2.PNG

4. I switch to Project 10 which should be green and it is working okay.

Capture3.PNG

5. I switch back to Hemma and now instead of orange colour, I see green colour.

Capture4.PNG

But if I close and reopen dashboard, conditional formatting is working as expected, up until I don't select a project that has some color formatting and then switches to a project that has none.

If you ever had similar thingie let me know ; )

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Conditonal Formatting on Published Line Items to dashboard

@arkhad8965 , are your opportunities in a hierarchy? If so, you may want to look at the summary method and switch it to none for your conditional formatting line item. I've seen dashboards where the cf gets messed up because a model builder has summary methods on sum for the line item.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer, indeed they are. The summary method was set to sum, but the problem still occurs. 

Any other thought?

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@arkhad8965 

Recreated this issue and it is exactly behaving the same way that you described in the post. I initially thought that it is because of the color scheme that we are using as Anaplan is not able to identify what color should be assigned to NaN. But then I realized it is working if we publish whole grid on the module. Please log a ticket with Anaplan Support and see if this is some kind of bug

Thought of trying it in NUX but it is still under investigation

New UX: Update FIELD card to allow conditional for... - Anaplan Community

Highlighted
Contributor

@arkhad8965 and @Misbah ,

Agreed, I'm seeing the same in my quick sample. I'd recommend creating a support ticket on this.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Contacted Support, Case number -> 00312338. Will post a solution if received. Thanks for answers folks.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Bumped that one.