Curious to know the Best Practices for Model Cleanup in Anaplan?

Greetings All,

Please check out my new article on Model cleanup activities.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Link here

Thanks and Regards,

Kavin.

Tagged:

Answers

• Thanks @kavinkumar

Great article. I know you're also very familiar with the data integration side of Anaplan too. Any data integration cleanup suggestions?

I was recently working with a client that was using practically every method available to integrate with Anaplan - Excel add-in, API with and without a certificate - mostly Python, Anaplan Connect, and the Informatica connector. Seemed to me that it would be a good idea to develop a consistent data integration policy. Maybe something that con be done during a cleanup activity. What has been your experience?

• HI @JaredDolich,

Definitely, I will work and come up with findings pretty soon 🙂 !!

Regards,

Kavin.

• Very good content and handy @kavinkumar.

• For actions I'd add one thing:

I personally consider any action with a default name to be **** and will periodically remove them. It forces my team to rename actions when they want to keep them. good success so far !

• Haha, that's lil aggressive!! but people should take ownership.

• What about imports built for functionalities in the past now decommissioned ? They will be missed from your cleanup purview since the import action will have proper names, but no longer in use.