Customized exports from UX Page

Hello, 

I was wondering if it is possible to customize the export of UX Page in PDF format for the end user.

What do I mean by customize?

Now we have created a UX Page, from which data export in PDF format is generated (it contains tables, charts that are on this page) - the data for the corresponding page selector is exported. 

The purpose is to have:
1. A choice, e.g. export includes all data available on this page or excluding one table

2. Page export separately according to our selection, e.g. for Germany one PDF, for Polish another PDF - all by clicking one button, something like a process

I wonder if this is even possible? If not what kind of workaround can I use?

Thank you very much for your support

Answers

• @Dominika_Dudzinska 

If you are planning to use "Export Page as Pdf"  then No, it can't be done. Currently there is now way you can make it dynamic. Pdf export is just the snapshot of what is on the pages - although you can do it manually but I don't think it can be done dynamically based on list items.

Misbah

• @Misbah  Thank you for your confirmation, I hope that ANAPLAN will introduce such dynamic exports soon, that would be a really great feature. 

I have one more question, in excel we have possibility to collapse rows within a group. Is there a similar functionality in Anaplan? I don't mean Hide/Show, but something like clicking on the (-) minus button to hide unnecessary columns/rows or tables? 

• @Dominika_Dudzinska 

Group/Ungroup - Nope

• Hi @Dominika_Dudzinska ,

Although there is no expand/collapse like excel, you can make use of filters to achieve this:

For Lineitems: You can make use of Line item Subsets, which can eventually be used to filter the lineitems

You may refer the section Filter in this literature: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Best-Practices/Line-Item-Subsets-Demystified/ta-p/54309#toc-hId-1332981344

For dimensions: You can use the properties to filter

I know it requires some effort, but at least for end-users, it will be just a boolean check and a refresh : )

Regards,

vinayvm

• @Vinay VaradarajM Thank you, I understand that using filters is a solution, but only for parts within a module.
    I was thinking of something like a dynamic dashboard (like hiding some modules to see only the desired ones, and exposing/unhide other modules if we want details.