DELETE DRAW PAYMENTS FOR AT JULY AND AUGUST

Hi.

Dear Anaplan community.

I am new here.

I got something to solve and would like to ask for help.

In ANAPLAN, there are set up automatic draw payments for Austria AT.
This logic, was called off by the end of Q1.
In the sales statement report, filtering the Austria AT,  my colleague still see Draws for July and August.

Who can help me to sort this out?
Where do I have to make change, so draws for July and August for Austria AT are gone?

Thank you.
Martin.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Martin @MartinBx2019 

A couple of questions to be able to understand the issue better:

1. Are you trying to just "hide" the values for July and August or want to have them as 0? in other words is this a reporting or logic/calc issue?
    2. What is the Formula for the line items QTD Draw and MTD Draw?
    3. Do you summarize the Line Items QTD Draw and MTD Draw over time or other lists

These answes will help determine which direction to take for the solution.

• hello. 

at the moment, I am only able to answer the question number 1.

1) I need the values for July and August have as zero. 

→ Jun also September already have zero, but when this was done, July and August were forgotten and the logic was not deleted for those months. 

2) QTD Draw and MTD Draw; (I do not know this one at the moment).

3) Do you summarize the Line Items QTD Draw and MTD Draw over time or other lists; (also this one is a secret for me at the moment).

• Hi @MartinBx2019 

If I understand you correctly, there is a logic in place to "zero" out the desired values and it works for June and September but it doesn't work for July and June?

What is that logic? Maybe there is a bug we need to fix or tweak the logic to include the months we need.

• I do not think this is correct:

If I understand you correctly, there is a logic in place to "zero" out the desired values and it works for June and September but it doesn't work for July and June?

I think there is a logic to populate the data, not to make zeros. 

but yes. 

this is only like a start.

• Hi @MartinBx2019 

I understood there is a logic in place when you said June and September are already = 0, no worries

Is the underlying data for MTD and QTD draw for June and Sept = 0 or just the final value is replaced by 0.? What I mean by the underlying data is the data used to calculate the final value of the line item.
    You can get this information by looking at the formula of the line item and trace it back to the source, alternately you can trace the source of the data by using Drill Down (F8)

Is this a one-time thing - replacing the values for July and August with 0 - or you expect you will have to do it again for different months or different entities?

I don't want to give you a nonsustainable logic as IF July or August then 0 Else calculate. This is a very bad practice.

So, I am trying to find out if you need to view the July and August real values somewhere else in the Application or you want it to be zero everywhere? Examining how the result of 0 was achieved for June and September will help us follow the same logic instead of creating 2 different logics for the same line items.

The solution could be as simple as replacing the input values used to calculate the MTD and QTD for the desired months = 0. That will save the integrity of the formulas for the whole model, however, if you need to see these values somewhere else in the application then we have to be careful how we accomplish that.

• Hi Einas. 

I see this is necessary, so first I understand what is going on and then I can fix it with somebody's help.

What I think is:

1) the underlying data for MTD and QTD draw for June and Sept = 0

2) You can get this information by looking at the formula of the line item and trace it back to the source; (I know what you mean, but I have no practice with this scenario).

3) yes it is like ad-hoc thing, but it can happen in future many times, because the business is dynamic, changing over time.

4) yes I agree. to recalculate again is not a good solution.

→ I have to rewrite the dataset so the report calculates the data correctly.

5) I think the zero values has to be everywhere, for AUSTRIA, months July and August for FY21 2nd quarter. OK?

6) "The solution could be as simple as replacing the input values used to calculate the MTD and QTD for the desired months = 0"

→ I think this is what I have to do...

• Hi @MartinBx2019 

Consider the following:

1. Create a control system module like the one below
      image.png
    2. The Time dimension should be the same as the model calendar
    3. Other list dimensions should be the same as the dimensions in the module that has the monthly values. I added the 'Location" as an example here 
    4. In modules that have line items that you need to zero out include a logic such as
      IF NOT Zero our selective draws.Zero out?
      THEN "original logic for the line item" 
      ELSE 0

This way you don't need to do code changes every time you come across these exceptions. You can just mark the month in the control system module.

It is more efficient to have the above logic as close to the source data as possible so you don't have calculations that you will later override with 0.

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

• hello. 

I do not think I want to overwrite the calculation.

I would like to update the fundamental logic, that the calculation is made correctly.

one other colleague recommended to change the draw logic setup.

but I think that with this approach I will hit more countries and not only AT country.

• hi, maybe I will create a new DRAW code.

but where is the place I can put together the new DRAW code setting with the sales rep. data?

• @MartinBx2019 

Could you please explain why will you add a new DRAW code? How do you imagine it'll help with this issue. I then can suggest where and how to create it - if they deemed to be the right solution.

• I would like to create a new draw code, 

because some AT sales reps are associated with a particular DRAW code.

now I do not want the AT;(Austria) sales reps to be associated with this DRAW code.

if you see the picture, in the red square, I need to see zeros, but not by over calculating the values.

? so my question is when I create a new DRAW code, how to put together a sales rep. and a draw code together?

? where is this settings?

"Sales Rep that are that tagged with a Draw code"

• @MartinBx2019 

Have you tried the solution I suggested? did you face any issue implementing it?

When you say "now I do not want the AT;(Austria) sales reps to be associated with this DRAW code., it feels like I may not have all the "relationships" between entities.

I don't know if having a "duplicate" DRAW code is the solution, and it might cause unnecessary problems with other calculations throughout the model

If you have some DRAW codes that are associated with a certain sales rep and you want to exclude these codes from your logic, then create a system module dimensioned by DRAW codes list and add a line item for a property that identifies these code you want to exclude (manually or using formula if possible). In your calc or output module, you can check if the property of DRAW code is checked then return 0 if not return the normal calculation logic.

IF NOT DRAW code system module.include property 
    THEN .... original calc formula
    ELSE 0 

Please note the above is just a "pseudo code" and not the actual formula.  

If you need clarification about the suggested solutions please let me know.

• Hello Einas.

I have zero-outed the values in the draw table, that were associated with Austria. 

Thank you for all your help.