Data Import From Module 1 to Module 2

Hi Experts,

I have a question. I have a module, lets say, Module 1, in which I have included 2 lists, Time and Version. Through this module, user enters data. I have another module, let's say, Module 2, where I have same 2 lists and time, but I do not have version in the second module. I want to copy data from the Module 1 to Module 2. Any suggestion, how I can achieve that.

Module 1: Cost Center list, Cost Element list, Time, and Version

Module 2: Cost Center list, Cost Element list and Time.

Difference between both modules is Version list. Want to copy data from Module 1 to Module 2.

Thanks,

Varun

Best Answer

• Hi @varun.joshi07 ,

Yes, you can import data from Source module to target module even you have more dimension in your source module than Target but we have to consider two scenario here,

1. are we going to import the data from source to target by ignoring Version then it will transfer the total value irrespective of Version.

Screenshot_517.png

Screenshot_518.png

Note: you have to save the view in such a way that we can ignore the Version dimension

Screenshot_516.png

2. Are we going to import the data from source to target by selecting particular version of source module then you have to perform couple of step to achieve required output.

1. Create Custom Version list imaging the Anaplan version then create one system module for the mapping.

Screenshot_519.pngScreenshot_520.png

2. Create one system module for Version filter & then apply this filter in your save view

Screenshot_521.png

3. Now when you run the action only Actual value will be transfer.

Screenshot_522.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar

Answers